8

Classes were canceled the next day because of the severe weather. i Somehow found myself outside of the hospital Paige was being treated at for her injuries. It was all over the news and blogs. It didn't take an expert to find her. There was even a live feed from outside of the hospital. As I made my way through the crowd, i noticed some of her fans were out here. Some of them even carried signs with marrige proposals written on them.

I was worried about her, so once I got the email this morning that classes were canceled, I took the sub to go and see her. I know we aren't exactly on speaking terms. It's only been a day, but apparently, she got worse than what the world had seen and they were keeping her.

I anxiously looked for the room the nurse gave me. Apparently, I could go up with no questions asked since I was her infamous 'girlfriend'. Still didn't know how to feel about all of that.

Her room was on the third floor West E wing, and there were guards standing outside her room. I took a hesitant step towards them, clearing my throat. "Um, I'm here to visit paige-"

"We know who you are." The one on the right interrupted, "She doesn't want to see anyone right now she isn't in the best of moods."

"it's okay." I reassured them, " Thanks for the concern, but I can handle myself. "

They seemed to think for a moment before stepping aside. Well, that was pretty easy. The room was dark when I entered, not even a TV was on, and the curtains were closed. The bed was empty, her room was bigger than my apartment, and nicely furnished. I had to remind myself that this was actually a hospital.

"Paige?" I called into the darkness as I took a step forward. There was shuffling coming from behind a door when a very naked Paige walked out, wrapping a towel around her.

"Oh my." I gasped, looking away with hot cheeks. Which caused her to chuckle. After a few moment's she spoke up

"You can look now. I'm dressed."

I once again turned around to face her, and she was still looking pretty beat up. There were bruises aligning her arms and even legs. Her face was swollen, and one of her eyes was sealed shut. She looked like shit, but still, there was something attractive about her.

"Out of all people that would come and visit me, I didn't expect it to be you." She said bitterly.

I shifted my gaze to the floor. I guess I deserved that.

"Yet you didn't tell the nurses to keep me out." I noted, " You must've known I was coming."

"I hoped." She said. "Come sit." She gestured to a chair that was at her bedside. But I didn't want to sit down I wanted to talk.

"Look, I'm sorry for the way I ended things. It's just, you, overwhelmed me, and I felt as if my opinion didn't matter to you. You need to understand that there's two people in this relationship. You can't just make decisions like that without consulting me." I explained.

"I understand." She sighed." I didn't mean to make you feel that way. I was just excited, and when you broke up with me, I felt as if you didn't want me anymore, and it was a really shitty feeling. I already feel as if I don't deserve you, and you proved my point."

"It's actually the other way around." I chuckled, clasping my hands with hers before kissing her knuckles, "I need you to be honest with me, Paige."

"Do you suffer from..." She snatched her arm from mine and pushed herself farther into the sheets, almost to hide from me.

"Don't go there, I just got you back, and I don't want to scare you away again." Her voice shook as she spoke.

"You're not going to scare me away." I reassured her, climbing into her bed and straddling her waist. "Whatever it is won't change how I feel about you. But it would help me understand you more and that's all I want. I want to know you, all of you. Because I am falling in love with you and I want to help you and the only way I can do that is if you're honest with me, Paige."

I rested my forehead against hers, and she looked up at me, fear shining in her eyes. "You're falling in love with me?"

"Yes." I admitted, I truly was falling in love this girl, and I would do anything for her. "I am falling in love with you Paige vanzant."

She crushed her lips to mine, passionately letting her hands wonder. Like the kiss was something that would take her pain away. I kissed her back just as eagerly. "You don't know how long I wanted to hear those words leave your lips."

I cupped her face patiently, waiting for her to tell me what I already knew she took in a steady breath, tears welling in her eyes.

"I was diagnosed with bi polar disorder when I was twelve. I've been getting treated for it ever since, I just recently stopped taking the medication. So that's why I've been lashing out more. It helps with my fighting. I use ot to fuel me on some nights. Theres highs and lows i can't really explain it. Please don't leave me." she cried, her body trembling under mine as she sobbed into my chest.

"I'm not going anywhere, I promise." I kissed her cheek as I held her tighter, wanting to protect her and take her pain away. "We can get through this together."