12.

Muke gif for you :)

I also need to warn you that this chapter is very bitsy with lots of POV changes but something exciting happens at the end so bear with me!

Chapter 12

Ashton

When Michael and Calum had both gone out, Luke's expression completely changed. I finished doing the dishes and stared at his forlorn face; the lips that stayed in a stiff line, the eyes that grew dark with emotion.

"You okay?" I whispered, so Arzaylea couldn't hear. He sighed and put down the plate he was drying, hanging up the tea towel.

"I said something to Calum and I really regret it. I said something along the lines of 'don't act like we're close because we're not anymore', and man I feel awful."

"That can't have been the nicest thing to hear...

"This isn't to do with her, is it? I mean, I know you're only going out with her because of Michael, but-"

"What the... you're only going out with me because of a guy? Didn't you say you wanted a girlfriend?"

Shit. How did she hear?

"Hold on –"

"Nuh-uh. I ain't doing this. I should've known something was up when he smiled at me saying you liked him."

I glanced at Luke, who was oblivious to what she'd just said. She began to leave, but I held her arm, causing her hair to swish round in a full circle as she turned. "Wait, Arzaylea."

"At least one of you says it right," she muttered. Damn, I hated her attitude – but whatever. I felt like we were gonna need her.

"Could you stay with Luke for a bit longer? He needs some support right now."

She rolled her eyes and pursed her lips, eyelashes flitting about. "And what do I get out of it?"

I should've known it wouldn't have been easy to get her to stay, but I knew that there was one thing Luke didn't care about more than Calum. Money. "We'll pay you." Her eyes suddenly widened and she looked like her ears were perked and more than willing to hear more. "We've earnt a fair amount over the years, and if you promise to stay by Luke's side whilst we sort out this mess with Calum, we'll pay you."

"How much?"

Luke glared at me. I knew he hated doing this kind of crap but I also knew that he knew we had no other choice. "We'll give you 500 US dollars every month you date him."

"Make it 800 and I'll do it."

Luke tensed up next to me, but I put a hand on his arm to calm him down. "Fine. 800." She finally smiled, and her personality changed almost instantly.

"So Luke, tell me about your favourite colour!" she chirped, dragging him over to the couch. I let out a deep sigh of relief and finished with the dishes, deciding to call the other two back.

Michael

We got back with the beers and a film had already been put on. Luke and Aubergine were all cuddled up on the couch, a bowl of popcorn discarded on the carpet beneath them. Ashton took the beers out of the bag and put the bag in our massive bag full of plastic bags, and we went over to join them in front of the TV.

"Spiderman? Really? We've watched this so many times," Calum moaned, jumping onto the other couch adjacent to the TV. How did he know that we'd watched it loads? This was the version that came out later in 2014 – The Amazing Spider Man 2. Dismissing it, I sat down next to him whilst Ashton leant against the Lasparagus couch.