11.

I kinda went a few hundred words over the word limit... oh well, enjoy!

Chapter 11

Michael

The awkward atmosphere died out eventually the next day, and after a few games of FIFA it was almost like everything was back to normal. Calum was still a bit confused but he was laughing and joking about with us – Luke was the only one feeling slightly down. We'd ordered pizza about fifteen minutes ago so were expecting the delivery man any moment.

The doorbell rang. Calum paused the game and looked at me.

"Ashton you get it," I droned, eyes becoming slits due to sleepiness.

"No, you – I'm doing something right now," he replied as he folded a clean black tee belonging to Luke, and picking up another piece of clothing he'd just washed.

"Ugh," I groaned. I stood up and dragged myself to the door, only to find that it was in fact a very attractive looking girl. "Oh, hi. You must be Arseaylea?"

When I saw her expression I literally wanted to burst out laughing. "It's Arzaylea, actually. And you are?"

"Michael."

"Oh great – I can call you Mike Litoris then."

It took me a few moments to get what she meant. What the actual fuck. Who was this girl? I did not want to be called such an awful name! "Wait – no don't call me that –"

"Luuuuke, there you are. Hey, I missed you. Oh by the way I switched my flight to next week, so we can head to America together." She ran over in her spiky heels and kissed Luke on his cheek, who was lying flat on the sofa. Ouch... that kinda hurt me inside. They'd only known each other a few days yet I'd known Luke years. Shaking it off, I plodded back over and resumed the gaming position next to Calum.

"You wanna stay for pizza?" Luke asked huskily. We were all really tired for some reason, hence him lying on the sofa with a stupidly sexy worn-out voice.

"Thought you'd never ask," she replied in a whisper, handing her bag and coat to Ashton who took them like a confused grasshopper. She then climbed on top of Luke, planting a few kisses around his face. The three of us exchanged glances, our eyes ultimately landing on Luke. Angrily I stood and dragged Ashton to the hallway, beginning my rant whilst he hung up her stuff in the cloakroom.

"Man, she pisses me off! She probably thinks she's all high and mighty for having the lead singer. Well guess what? We're all just as big a part of the band as he is. Ugh, I bet she doesn't even know who we are as well. ARGH!"

Ashton smiled weakly. "You'll get used to her."

"How can you say that so comfortably? Even her eyebrows annoy the heck out of me! Why are they so sharp and pointy? They aren't knives..."

"Look; I'm not a massive fan either, but Luke isn't complaining so neither should we. Maybe we just haven't seen her real self yet. Give her a chance to prove herself, yeah? Besides, weren't you the one who suggested he get a girlfriend?"

"Yeah, but I thought he'd be able to choose someone really nice like Aleisha... guess I was wrong."

"Let's evaluate her after a few more days of hanging out."

I sighed and nodded. "Fine." The doorbell rang again and I leapt out the small room back into the hallway, opening the door excitedly. Ah, the wonderful smell of freshly baked pizza... I could practically feel the cheese melting in my mouth, and the tomato sauce swishing round in harmony with my tongue, and the chewy base getting pushed to the back teeth, getting crushed in vain...