Chapter 3 : Reinhard

Seven years ago, at the 6th training course in the East Zone, a young boy appeared as a special phenomenon. He scored maximum in every single subjects and gained enough quality to become a National guard at the age of thirdteen. After that, he was sent to work at Unit One - Under the lead of the battle-hardened and respectable Mikhail, the best one in the twelve Captains. Unit One often engaged in skirmishes on the West area, the most dangerous place which was infected with Demons. On this battlefield, the boy's reputation rose even higher for the glorious archievements he made. Especially, in the battle on the Mist Fall, when he was only fifteen and by himself, defeated the demon Rak, an intermediate level Demon who was the bane of the residents nearby and a huge challenge for any guards who encountered him. After that, he was ,without a doubt, considered the second strongest one in the brigade - Just after Captain Mikhail. Everyone strongly believed that in the future, this boy will become a Captain for certain. Unexpectedly, only four years later, Captain Mikhail lost his right arm and leg in a surprise attack in the Maze Forest. This left him with pernament disability, so he couldn't participate the battlefield anymore. However, instead of being saddened with frustration, the Captain calmly summoned the talented teenager and some of the remaining Captains into his room. A few months later, Mikhail returned to the command comittee of the East Zone as a military advisor, and Reinhard gained the title Captain of Unit One. He was the youngest Captain ever in history - at the age of nineteen. After a year of commanding, he had effortlessly leading the team great victories one after another, and was just as glorious as Mikhail's. And today, that one leader had returned to the committee of the East Zone to report to Mikhail about the increasingly complicated situation they were facing.

Not paying attention to the crowd surrounding himself, Reinhard rushed to the building ahead of him, a clear corcern showed on his face. Mikhail had long been waiting for him inside his office. In contrast to Reinhard's worried expression, he looked quite calm, as if had expected what the other man was going to tell him.

'Sir, the Demons have been strangely active lately. They have even gotten stronger as well. It has cause heavy casualties to our side !'

'I have a feeling... ' Mikhail carefully worded himself. His finger on the map, making a circle around the East area. 'they are concentrating their force here.'

'Yes, I can tell as well, but I can't figure out why ! I am planning on leading Unit One there to launch a counter-offensive. Seven other units are already there as well!'

Mikhail stayed silent. He tapped his index finger on the desk, his eyes glued on the map. There were some truths that only the Captains who had engaged in battles ever since the Demons appeared in the human world, like Mikhail himself and a few others in the Great Council, knew. These truths were kept away from public including Reinhard. However, today Mikhail wanted to let him know them.

'Reinhard, do you believe that Angel does exist?'

------------
Character Bio :
Name : Reinhard Elfidus
D.O.B : April 12th
Age : 20
Hair color : Black
Eyes color : Red
Height : 6 ft
Weight : 71kg
Ability :
Expert Swordman
Intermediate Level Magic User
Combat Master
Title : Captain of Unit One

B : April 12thAge : 20Hair color : BlackEyes color : RedHeight : 6 ftWeight : 71kgAbility :Expert SwordmanIntermediate Level Magic UserCombat MasterTitle : Captain of Unit One