Chapter 1 : The Dreams

'Where am I? Is this... mist? I can't see anything'

Who's there? Who are you two?! Hey, can you hear me? Hold on, wait!'

----------

Alisse awoke. She stared emptily at the ceiling, her hand high up in the air as if to try to gasp something. She muttered :

'It's a dream!'

Alisse couldn't understand why she had been having such odd dreams lately, but somehow they feel... connected. Last time when she dreamed about being lost in a forest shone with radiant lights beautifully. She could see a faint figure of someone tall and slender. This person had a pair of elegant white wings, like that of an Angel. The other time, she remembered being surrounded by a black flame. However, it was unexpectedly warm and cozy, and she felt no fear presented in her at all. And this time, she was lost in a place where there was nothing but the whiteness of mist, which she could barely make out her surroundings. Right then, she saw two figures appeared in front of her, but their faces were both hidden in a foggy layer. They were silent, just stood there and looked at her. She hesitated for a second, then started stepping forward them. They stepped back. She started chasing, but the distance grew and, eventually, they disappeared. It was then she woke up.

Shifted slightly then sat up, Alisse kept thinking about that odd dream, because it felt so... real. Her legs still felt the light pain from running too fast and her hand still reached forward even after she had awaken. She could still feel the chill of the white mist on her body. Alisse realized that, the dreams are becoming more and more real. Especially when all the images in them were kind of familiar, as if she had been through but couldn't recall. The border between reality and illusion was blurring away, which made her nervous.

Maybe she would still dazed off, thinking about her dreams if she hadn't glanced at the clock. It's seven already?! Alisse gasped, quickly tossed the blanket off herself because she would be late in minutes! Not to mention she had an exam today. Her mind from wandering through meaning of dreams just jumped straight to "How to get there in 30 minutes". Which the fastest speed ever possible, she dashed out of the house just in 15 minutes and ran, hopefully she got to school in rest of the time she had. She didn't realize, every movement of her had been caught in the eyes of someone in the far distance. That person had a black coat on themself. Their face bore no expression. They whispered.

'Soon.'

Then, they turned and walked away.

--------

In Tartatus.

'You have found it?'

A man with black hair covering an eye, sitting highly, deliberately asked his subordinate which a stoic expression. This is the man who proclaimed himself as "Doom".

'Yes, sir. "The smell" is getting clearer. It must be her.'

On the throne, Doom stood up, then walked to the window which his back to his subordinates. Gripping onto his staff, he curled his lips up, his fist clenched.

'Soon!'

.