Months Pass

"Soooo, how was it?"

Scott sighed, not looking up from the line of food.

"Quiet Kirst," he muttered. "No one else knows."

"What? No one?"

Sighing again, Scott turned to his friend. "No, no one. We want to take it slow, and that includes not blabbing to the entire crew."

Kirstin smiled softly, slapping Scott's back. "Good on you, man."

"You think?" Scott asked, both of them moving out of the tent area.

"Are you kidding me?" Kirstin replied, smiling widely. "Most people would think that working together would make everything move faster, and it can! But both of you wanting to take it slow, especially with you-know-who close by, it means that you two will grow closer in a way that can take forever in normal relationships."

"I never thought of it like that," Scott muttered.

Kirstin laughed, shrugging. "I'm the smart one here."

"Oh shut up," Scott replied.

-/::\-

"Hey, Styles." I turned to face Candice, smiling.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"Kim wants you on set for the next few scenes, for the kids," the assistant director said, smiling. "You good with that?"

"Yeah, fine," I replied, smiling. "I'll be there as soon as I'm done with Scooter here."

"Got it," she said, before shutting the door again.

"You sure you're okay to be on set?" Scott asked, turning in his chair to look up at me.

I smiled softly, nodding as he reached out and intertwined his hand in mine. "I promise, I'll be fine."

"Really? Because Ralph will-"

"I know he'll be there," I interrupted, laughing. "But so will you. And as long as you're close by, I'll be fine."

Scott's smile was instantaneous, and he kissed my knuckles, making me blush. "I'll always be there for you," he said, squeezing my hand. "Always."

I smiled, squeezing his hand before taking a deep breath. "Now come on, we have to get to set," I said, spinning his chair back around.

"Yes, sir," he replied, making me laugh. "Are we still good for Saturday, by the way?"

"Of course," I replied, glancing at him in the mirror as I fixed his hair. "Have you finished the book I gave you?"

"I'm almost done!" He cried, making me laugh.

-/::\-

I smiled as the waiter walked away, looking at Scott from across the table. "So, actual dinner this time?" I asked.

He laughed, reaching over and taking my hand in his own. "I really wanted to just watch more movies, but I thought you deserved a real dinner this time," He replied, running his fingers over my knuckles.

"Scooter," I muttered, blushing. "Any date with you is a great date."

"Oh, in a few weeks you'll take that back," He told me, laughing.

"Oh, I don't think so," I told him, shaking my head. "When I was in high school, this guy asked me on a date. He was the cutest boy in school, and I was thrilled, so I said yes. Then, when he picked me up, all we did was homework."

"What?" He asked, his eyes growing wide.

"Yeah, homework," I responded, laughing. "And when he dropped me back off at home, I asked if it was a date, and he responded with 'Yeah, I mean, that's what you do on dates, right?'"