Chapter 10

The next morning she woke up with a pounding headache, in an unfamiliar room. She could see through the window that the sun was just rising and then she became aware of the other person beside her still asleep, and their compromising position. Her hand was on his chest, and his arm draped over her middle, their legs tangled together. That's when she started to remember what happened after they left the party last night. They had got into a cab, that was probably waiting for someone else, but didn't know or really care at the time. Spencer had told the cab driver an address and then the rest of the ride they had been making out. They stopped in front of another massive house and then had proceeded to continue hooking up and that how they ended up in this room, in bed with none other than her brothers' best friend. She remembered the whole night, and had to admit the sex was great but why did she have to go back to her ways, why did she have to be so stupid and sleep with probably the one person she wasn't allowed to. The guys had just started to like her, and now they would hate her. She had to keep it a secret.

Finally Spencer started to wake up, the same fearful thoughts running through his head. How could he have been so stupid to sleep with his best friends sister! He had been accused of being a player several times by his friends but she was different, he wanted to get to know her more, spend time with her, and yes hook up with her again.

Rachel noticed him move and said an awkward "Morning" followed by "I've gotta go."

"Wait!" he responded. "I'll drive you back" and sat up, then grabbed his head and continued "on second thought I don't think I'm sober enough to drive yet, I'll call the driver over to take you home."

She didn't know what else to say so just replied "thanks" and started to get dressed. She was headed for the door when he spoke again "Hey Rachel?"

"Yeah?"

"I, um, I understand if you wanted this to just be a one night stand, but I uh was serious when I asked you to go out sometime."

She was taken aback by his honesty, most guys acted all tough and cocky but he seemed nervous when he asked her.

"Listen, last night was great, really great, and I'd want nothing more than a repeat but um what about what people will say?"

He stood up and walked over to her "Hey, I'm not the type of guy to brag about who I hooked up with."

She couldn't help but laugh, worse things have happened to her than a rumor. "It's not my reputation, I can take care of that, it's Nate, Blake and Chris. Isn't it in the bro code that you can't hook up with your friends sister or something?" she asked, figuring a little humour would make the situation less tense.

Realization suddenly dawned on his face and she could see he looked nervous. She quickly put her hand on his shoulder saying "Don't worry, I won't tell them anything. They are the first family I've had in a while and know your friendship means a lot, I won't screw that up."

They both sadly looked at each other and Spencer walked her to the front door where the driver was waiting. He gave her a quick kiss and said "You know, for what its worth I actually really like you."

"Yeah me too, and that doesn't happen quite often." She replied, "friends?" she asked. Spencer nodded and she and stepped out into the dawn to head back home.

The whole ride she kept over analyzing what the guys would say if they knew. They had accepted her pretty quickly, would they be just as quick to forget her, for it to go back to how it was in the beginning, them all not talking to each other and her keeping her distance?

She finally got home and realized she had nothing to worry about, as no one was up yet. She snuck into her room, changed into pajamas and passed out the second her head hit the pillow.