Best Friend (last chapter)

Josh and Tyler had found themselves a gig. A real one! Josh was super excited and wouldn't stop talking about it. Tyler was beyond nervous.
"What if they don't like my music? What if they think I'm crazy or something? Or they just hate it?"
"Dude, it's gonna be fine. We're gonna play awesome, and everyone's gonna love us. And we're getting paid for it. That's sweet too." Josh tried reassuring him.
"But I'm not even that good! I mean, of course they'll love you, you're amazing!" Tyler ran a hand through his hair.
"You're more than amazing, Tyler. Don't worry about it. I'll be right next to you the whole time."

|-/

When Tyler stepped up to the stage he felt like he was choking. He didn't know if he was going to be able to croak out even half of a word. They were playing at some guy's party.
Josh was setting up his kit to the right of Tyler's piano. He had a little bit of nervousness, but it was mostly covered up by excitement. When he was finished he sat down and looked at Tyler, who was sweating oceans.
Josh gave him a thumbs up and a reassuring smile.
"U-uh... This is Josh. I'm Tyler.. Well... This first song is called Addict With A Pen.." The last words were barely audible. He'd ended up just mumbling the song title into the microphone.
Tyler sat down to his piano and looked at Josh one more time. It was now or never.
It was easier once he started playing. And the next song was easier. By the end, he was just in his basement with Josh, with just about half of his school watching him. And it was okay.
At the end Josh had gotten up from his drum kit and walked over to Tyler. Everyone was cheering, they'd loved it.
Tyler was smiling. Something Josh had been trying to get him to do for months.
"Josh, you're my best friend."