Chapter 11 - "You make me feel like a mother."

Start from the beginning

So instead of taking things any further and pushing any limits, Louis brings his arms around Harry's back, and gives him his best warming hug.

Harry returns it, not leaving the small "love you" by the curve of Louis' ear, behind.

As Louis thinks he isn't going to let go of Harry anytime soon, it's the stupid voice that breaks them apart and it's the stupid voice that Louis as hell knows who it belongs to.

"Louis, what the fuck?" The person snaps the two bodies apart, causing Harry to shake as he brings his hands to his sides, gripping on his chair tightly.

Louis swallows, quickly standing up as a casual move but it only screams out lame and awkward.

He walks over to River, fist pumping in another awkward way, leaving Harry startled and about to piss his pants-horrid.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" River nods across Louis' shoulder exactly where he left Harry.

Louis nibbles on his bottom lip before turning around to see Harry stare right back at him. He scratches his temple, "uh...just making him do my homework." Louis fishes the answer out of his mouth, feeling regret damp into his heart right away.

Louis doesn't miss the way River snorts at that, shrugging a shoulder and Louis also doesn't miss the way Harry's lips part in a half confused and surprised matter.

Louis is a terrible person, and he knows.

"Since when have you gotten all touchy with people, losers at that who done your homework?" River quirks a brow, crossing his arms over his leather jacket.

Louis blinks rather casually, "well, since when have you acknowledged the library?"

Yeah, two can really play at this game.

River squints his eyes, "don't get smart with me Louis," he smiles all pearls, "now, if you're done with that crap over there, can we go?"

The redicilous insult is a direct bonus to how bad Louis wants to punch the disgusting humour out of the River, in front of him.

"Where 'we going?" is what he asks instead, full on halfheartedly.

River shrugs his hands into his jeans' pockets. "Hm, dunno. Quite fancying a drink at the new pub at Weston's."

Louis rolls his tongue inside his cheeks, having the verge to turn around and check upon the boy he's left behind a couple seconds ago. But he can't because River hasn't eaten his brains out about the intimate hug him and Harry had shared a few seconds ago and Louis really wouldn't appreciate bringing it up again.

"Erm, I'm actually spending the night with Zayn. Yeah. We're just gunna watch a film," Louis gambles unsteadily.

River snorts, "who are you fucking Lou? Zayn already said he'll be at the pub around seven. Just say you have some lame ass thing to do and I'll leave you alone mate."

Prick.

Louis pulls his bottom lip in with his teeth, fingers playing with each other roughly now. He doesn't say anything, hoping River to get that as a message to turn around and leave him alone.

River shakes his head with a light scoff before granting Louis' wish and walking out of the library.

A heavy puff escapes Louis' lips before he's turning around on his heels. His eyes narrow at the missing body across the computer. Harry's books are packed and the computer screen is logged off. It makes Louis' head ponder, now where would Harry be?

He still goes over to the computer to double make sure if there's any sign of Harry. Just a scrap paper laying next to the keyboard and it's obviously shit to Louis' problems.