The Jerk & I : 3

Hey,

So I hope you're all enjoying the story so far. Thank you so much to all my old and new fans! Even though I may not have a lot 15 means a lot to me :D Same with the votes! Over 100!! Woooh!! >.< Anyhoos, enjoy, comment, vote! Thank you!

Ana

*********

The Jerk and I : 3

"Cass, are you wearing make-up?" Jane, my co-worker asked in an amused and bewildered voice as she moved closer to look at my face.

I turned away, ashamed. Yeah, ok, I was wearing make-up. It was only light though! Just like lip-gloss and mascara and a little bit of dark eyeshadow. No biggie.

"No," I said, looking down at the wooden floor.

"Oh my God, you are! Aww, Cass, you're officially a girl now!" She laughed, jumping up and down.

"Since when was I NOT a girl?" I asked her quizzically. Raising an eyebrow and eying her threateningly.

"I didn't say anything," she said, putting her thin hands up in surrender. "So, any special reason?" She asked, leaning over the counter.

I sighed. Today was Thursday. It was 6pm and I was at work. 1 hour. OK, so I tried a little harder for Adam. It's not like I like him or anything. Just a little study date - I mean, a study period. That's all it really was. I imagined his cocky grin, his hand on my back and his lips on mine . . . my heart started to race and I put up a hand to my face, feeling the heat rise in my cheeks.

"There's no reason, Jane. You should get back to work, a customer just walked in," I smiled at her in triumph as the clean glass door opened, letting in a cool breeze from outside.

She smiled in defeat. "This isn't over, Cass," she said as she turned around.

I peered around her back to see who the customer was to check which way she'd point him. My eyes widened when I saw Adam. What was he doing here? I walked out to the other side of the counter. My eyebrows were pulled together in confusion. It was only 6pm so why was he here already? I trailed my hand across the smooth counter top. I sighed. Jane was practically drooling.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, cocking my head to the side.

"I'm sort of a customer. I don't need a reason to be here," he grinned triumphantly.

"I'm just gonna go sit - left side's your section, right?" He asked, raising his eyebrows to achieve that 'Well?' expecting look.

I nodded absently. As soon as he turned his strong, broad back to sit down Jane spun around, her blonde hair spinning like those models in those hair ads.

"You know that guy?" She asked excitedly.

"No. I say that to all strangers," I deadpanned sarcastically, crossing my arms over my crisp white collared shirt.

"I'm being serious Cass! That guy is so hot he could spontaneously combust!" She said in a hurried, low whisper, grabbing my arm to display her seriousness.

I scoffed. "I have a customer to serve, Jane. If you could excuse me," I said in a mock polite tone.

I brushed her gripping hands off and picked up my notepad and pen. As I walked over to Adam I could feel my heart racing, my cheeks turn red like a tomato, the shocking feeling of the sudden kiss replaying in my head like a song put on replay. A shiver went down my spine as I re-lived the moment.

"Seriously, what are you doing here? Aren't we meeting at 7?" I asked him, as I took the seat opposite him.

"Can't a hot guy eat at a cafe?" He asked, completely disobeying the no elbows on table rule as he put his strong, curved chin on his knuckles.