Chapter 24

I woke up in my bed with a water bottle beside my head and a wet wash cloth over my eyes.

I carefully take the wash cloth off an lay it on my nightstand.

I open my eyes and adjust to the brightness of the light. After I was used to the light I looked around the room to see Ryder asleep in my computer chair with his head down and his arms crossed against his chest.

"Ryder?" I ask but I got no answer.

"RYDER!" I yell a little louder he stirs and opens his eyes. 

As he realizes it's me he quickly jumps up and rushes to my bed side.

"Cupcake I....... Are you okay?"

"I was so worried about you."

As I listened to him ramble I couldn't help but stair at how tiered and exhausted he was.

"Ryder Ryder RYDER calm down I am okay I am sore but I am okay I am alive arnt I?"

"Yes but still you were out of it for 3 days." He says holding up 3 fingers to show exaggeration.

"WHAT!" "What about school and my friends and oh my goodness Ryder who got shot?"

"You remember that?" He says scratching the back of his neck.

"Yes I do now who was it was it you or who?"

"It wasn't me it was Logan he jumped in front of the bullet before it hit you but at the same time one of Nicole's followers came and hit you on the back of the head with a gun before he was shot."

"Is Logan okay oh my how is Alxa doing with it is he even still alive?" I ask tears coming in my eyes.

"Oh cupcake don't cry it's okay Logan is fine it hit him in the arm and Alxa is sad and said she wanted to kill you but she's just upset." He says with a chuckle

"Great just great I might as well have a wanted sign that says dead or alive." I roll my eyes.

"How is everyone else are they okay?"

"Yea everyone is fine just a couple of bruises and scratches that's all."

"And you?" I ask just to make sure he's okay.

"I am fine princess don't worry about me." He says coming over to kiss my temple.

"Don't.... Don't worry about you how could you even say that of course I am gonna worry about you."

He chuckled "Thanks but you really should get some rest."

"So should you you look tiered how long have you been in that chair?"

"Eh." He says scratching the back of his neck.

"Ryder?" I ask in a warning tone.

"Okay okay 3 days." He answers

"You haven't left that chair?" I asked totally in shock.

He merely shakes his head.

"Ryder you should really get some sleep." I scoot over so there's enough room for Ryder to lay on the bed and pat the space beside me.

He walks over and lays on the bed carefully pulling the covers over us. 

I lay my head on his chest as he brushes his hand through my hair, with his arms wrapped tightly around my body.

As I fall into a deep sleep I hear something that makes me smile.

"I love you Maddie!"

"I love you Ryder!"

And the darkness over comes me.

Authors Note (PLEASE READ VERY IMPORTANT *okay not really but still please read* THANKS)

Okay hey guys so first I so sorry it's been a awhile but it's summer time now so yea sadly there's only one more chapter after this one plz stay with me and I am weighting another book it is not a sequel and don't know if I want a sequel what do you guys think? Anyways thanks for reading. P.S. Sorry it's short.