The only one for me

Maddie's P.O.V

*beep beep beep*
My alarm goes off as I  groan dreading not wanting to go to school but I scurry out of bed anyways and grab my towel and clothes. The hot water runing down my body fells nice as I get out I pull my dark skinny jeans and white sweater on.As I come down stairsI see my mom sitting at the table sipping on her coffee. "Hey mom." "Hey sweetie I made breakfast it's over there on the counter help urself." "Thanks mom." And with that I grab a slice of toast and quickly tell my mom goodbye and grab my car keys. As I am heading out the door I see some people moving in next door which is strange because no one has lived there in 5 years.
***
As I walk in and head to my locker I see my best friends Brianna and Alxa leaning on my locker. "Hey guys what's up" I ask "nothing much" brianna replies "Same but did you guys see the new boy" ask Alxa "no" we both reply "oh well his name is Ryder Huden." "Hey Bri you should go ask him out." Alxa says I start to chuckle cuz me and Bri don't do guys we think guys are immature who like to take advantage of girls. "Um are you crazy I don't think so." Bri says "What about Maddie they would be cute." I chuckle at Alxa's comment. "Keep dreaming that will happen when pigs fly."

My first class was history which is a total bummer cuz I don't have this class with my friends. Then my second and third classes went by pretty fast and the day was going good until forth period. "Miss Harper can you plz go take this to the P.E. Teacher thank you." Before I could argue the teacher pushed a folder in my hands and sent me to the gym. "Sure." I mumble under my breath.

As I walk in the gym I see athletes scattered everywhere. It was odd because the girls usually work out somewhere and the boys work out somewhere else. I guess one of the coaches must of been out today. Huh, too cheap to hire another coach, yes our typical school. "Mads, hey," I heard Alxa snapping me out of my thoughts.  Then I remembered that Alxa was in Athletics, I saw her playing football with the guys. Most of the girls were just sitting down waiting for the class to be over but it didn't surprise me when I saw Alxa not being lazy. Which is funny because she's lazy everywhere else but athletics. "Hey where's the coach I need to deliver these papers to her." She just points to where they are at while she gets yelled at to get back in the game. "Umm coach, Mrs. Pete sent these," I mumbled. "Oh well thank you," she said back to me. As I make my way to the doors. I hear something that Alxa is trying to saying to me but I can't make it out. As I turn around to see what she was saying, "watch-" she was stopped as a football hit me in the ribs, "Out" she try's to finish. I grab my stomach falling to the ground. All I can hear is laughter until I see Alxa asking if I was ok and she gave everyone a evil glare. But I was surprised to see Ryder over me. "Ryder go away don't u think she suffered enough without you coming over here to laugh in her face," Alxa yells at him. "No I came to help this beautiful girl." he says. "Does this girl have a name," he continues. "Maddie Ryder, Ryder Maddie," Alxa tells Ryder. "Maddie," he asked. "Ya" I reply to him. "Well see u at lunch, Alxa," I say trying to get out of there. She nods at me and as I start walking out I hear someone yell, "And next time you come in here watch out with this quarterback." I hear Alxa, I let out a small chuckle as I left.

As soon as 4th period is over I go to lunch and grab my food and head towards my friends. "Hey guys" I mumbled "Sit down"Bri said with a squeal "Um that's what she was doing." says Alxa we all start laughing "Ok so is it true that you talked to Ryder Hudens in gym mads?" Bri asked "Yes and why is every one making a big deal about it he just hit me with a football and started talking to me no big deal he is a player all guys are to me." I say slightly annoyed. "Cupcake how are the ribs?" "What do you want Ryder.?" "Can't I sit down and eat my lunch with my beautiful cupcake." He saids while putting his hand over his heart acting like I hurt his feelings "Just go away this is the one time I can have peace." I say while glaring at him "Ryder I think you should leave while you are still in one peace." Bri saids while shooting daggers at him with her eyes "Before he can say another word the lunch bell rings and I get up and scurry out of there as fast as I could.

School was over and I am waiting outside for Alxa and Bri "Hey guys what's up?" Alxa ask "Nothing much." Bri answers "Same well I am going to walk home today see you guys later." I say and quickly grab my stuff and head home.As I am walking I pull out my iPod and plug in my ear phones. I turn around to see Ryder following me. Why would he follow me it's not like I know him very well. I turn around "Are you following me?" He looks up from his phone "Oh hey cupcake I didn't notice that was you and no I am not following you." He saids with a chuckle "Whatever" I put my head phones back in. As I get to my house I see Ryder still following me I knew he was. "I knew you were following me." He chuckles "Cupcake I live next door to you calm down." "Oh" I say slightly embarrassed "But if I was following you would not even no I was there." He said with a wink. I just roll my eyes at the comment and go inside. Mom left a note saying she is working late of course she is she is never home. My big brother is probably in his room asleep he is always asleep he always goes the night before and gets drunk and comes back to sleep then goes out again. With a sigh I go upstairs to my room I pull back my curtains with out looking and turn my music up I already did my homework at school what don't judge I am nerd that's what we do. I take out a book and start to read. Not long after I hear a knock on my window that's strange I open my window to see that my room is lined up exactly across from the badboy Ryder himself. "Hey can you like keep your music down I am trying to do homework." He saids with a growl. "Oh so the badboy does homework?" "Hey I may be the bad boy but I do like to get good grades." "Oh and by good grades you mean D and C ya those are great grades." I say sarcastically. "Well aren't you in a bad mood today." He says while making it sound like a baby. "Whatever." I mumble I shut my window and grab my iPod and my ear phones and change into my jogging clothes.

I have been jogging for an hour and decided to go back home but I am stopped by the queen bee herself. "Hi Maddie can I talk to you." "Um sure what is it." "Well you see earlier you where talking to Ryder well I would like for you to stay away from him thanks." I reply with a chuckle "look Nicole I don't like him you can have him for your self since ur so desperate for a guy that talks to a nerd." "just stay away." "I won't have to cuz with you around you will take him anyways so be my guest." "Look you little brat Ryder dose not like little nerds like you he likes super hot girls like me so back off." "Then why do you even think I have a chance?" "I don't but without you in the way it will be easier to get him." And with that she smacked me 2 times very hard considering her dad tough her to fight and he is a wrestler. She flips her hair and walks. My cheek is burning and I am trying so hard not to cry but I can't help it. I know what ur thinking why am I crying I started it well the thing is that Nicole started bulling me and slapping me scince 4th grade and now I am in 10th and no one knows about the bulling I like to keep it to myself. I am running home while crying. I slam my door shut and head to my bed just when I hear a knock on my window. "Go away Ryder." I mumble while sniffling "Cupcake what's wrong." "Nothing now go away." But before I could close the window he is in my room and hugging me. He tilts my chin up and looks at me I turn my eyes to the side. "Cupcake who did this to your face?" He is looking at me with these angry eyes I can see my face in the mirror and its red and purple and is swollen "N-no one." "Cupcake don't lie to me who did it." "Why do you care u don't even care about me." "Cupcake look at me." He saids while tilting my chin up. I look in his eyes and see a mixture of anger and hurt. "C-can you please leave I need to t-take a s-shower." I say while sniffles came out with that I grab my towel and pajamas and take a hot shower to calm my nerves I jump out of the shower and pull the covers over me. Why does he care I ask myself before I dose off to sleep.

AUTHORS NOTE
Hey guys I know it's bad but this is my first book I have decided to keep so I am working on it plz like it and I am trying to make it better thank you guys and a special shout out to my friend TootieBrooks for helping me with this chapter so plz go and read her book thanks oh and the picture for this chapter is Maddie Harper thanks.