Chapter 16

It's noon right now and I am sitting on my porch waiting for Ryder. We had a half day today considering it's valentines day I have to leave to go to my grandmas at 2.

"Hey cupcake." I see Ryder approaching me with his hands in his pocket.

"Hey Ryder so we have to hurry I need to be back by one." I say a little annoyed not knowing where we are going.

"Why where ya going?"

"Now that's nun of your business is it?" I say throwing a wink and walking past him to his motorcycle. I jump on the back and buckle the helmet as the engine comes to life.

When we arrive there's a pond with a picnic basket over a blanket.

"Aw this is sweet Ryder."

"I know." He smirked. Coincident much. I chuckle and walk over to the blanket. We sit down on the blanket and set out all the food.

"So how was your day?" I ask casually

"It was okay better now that your here."

"Yea yea whatever I don't know what makes you annoying but it's working."

He chuckles and takes a bite out of a strawberry.

"Hey how come I have never met your parents properly?"

"I don't know I am not you." I chuckle

"No my mom works a lot she's a doctor."

"Oh what about your dad."

My jaw tightens at the though of him.

"He doesn't exist." I reply

"What do you mean every one has..." He stops realizing what I mean.

"My dad is someone you don't want to be around he's just not a good dad and he sure is not my father." I reply taking a bite out of a strawberry.

"Let's not talk about sad things it's valentines day." I chuckle

"Yea you should get back it's 10 mins past 1." Oh well okay then he drives me home I hop of the back of his bike and hand him the helmet.

"Thanks for the picnic."

"No problem the girl it was originally for couldn't make it so I thought why not shouldn't let it go to waste." He smirked

Well that was a punch in the stomach like was I his rebound or something?

"Other girl?" I ask confused

"Yea but never mind her your welcome."

"Yea whatever." I say annoyed and mad. You can judge me all you want but until it happens to you don't be like why is she mad.

I turn to walk back inside to get ready.

"Wait Maddie did I say something wrong?"

"Nope bye now." I say as I walk inside and close the door.

It's 1:45 and I just finished packing and was about to take a quick shower. I grab my towel and clothes that I want to wear as I turn the shower on.

After I am done I have 5 mins till grandma gets here so I decided to brush and braid my hair I put on my navy blue vans and grab my bag to go down stairs right when the door bell rings.

"Grandma." I say with a smile as I hug her.

"Hey sweetheart." She says while grabbing my cheeks and pinching them.

"Grandma I am not a child anymore."

"Oh shush now your still my grandchild." I chuckle

"I will go tell Caleb your here." I run up the stairs and burst through Caleb's room.

"Hey big bro grandmas here you ready?"

"Hey lil sis yea I am let's grab my things." We head back down stairs I make sure to lock the front door an text my mom that we are gone. We shove are bags in the back of her car and prepare our selves for a 3 hour drive.

I take out my phone and ear phones and shove them in my ears to fall asleep.

I was woken up by being carried in someone's arms. I didn't want to walk so I just pretended to still be asleep until we reached the house.

"You know I am awake right Caleb." I think I shocked him because he kinda jumped.

"Yea I know I was just playing along."

"Mhm whatever you say now put me down." He lightly put me on my feet as grandma made her way down stairs.

"Okay y'all can go unpack dinner will be ready soon."

My grandma is loaded when i say loaded I mean loaded we each have our own bed rooms in her house for when we come.

I grab my bags and head up to my room it's just the way I left it. A queen size bed in the middle a nightstand to the left with an apple laptop on top. The walls were a light baby blue cuz blues my favorite color. (picture of her room)

I unpack and head downstairs for dinner. After dinner I was so tiered so I just jumped straight into bed but not before getting a goodnight text from Ryder I smile as I put my phone on its charger and quickly fall into a deep sleep.

Authors note
Hey guys so again I know it's not valentines day but oh well anyways thanks sososososososososososo  so much for over 8k it really means a lot plz comment and like thanks.