Chapter 19

I woke with a tear stained face and a sweaty body. Groggily I get up and hop into the shower. Three days. It's been three days since Trent broke my heart and In those three days I haven't eaten I barely got any sleep and I stayed in my room and ignored everyone.

I don't know why but this morning when I woke up I thought it was time to get over myself.

So I got a shower put on some blue Jean Demi shorts with a flowing white tank top. I didn't feel like putting makeup on so I just threw my hair in a messy bun and walked down stairs to have breakfast.

Now I am not going to lie i am not completely over Trent I mean it was three days ago.

As I walked down stairs my grandma and my brother were shocked to the least to see I was out and about. I grabbed a bowl and some cereal as the awkward silence filled the room. I sat down and pored the cereal and milk in the bowl as I took my first bite I taste the wonders of the fruity taste of fruit loops.

I sit in silence as my grandma clears her throat.

"So how are you Mad.." I didn't let her finish cuz I already new what the question is and I am fine or at least I think I am.

"I am fine grandma."

"Okay okay anyways change of the subject I am so glad you are over that Trent guy cuz if he would have ruined your birthday today I would have had to hit him with my purse again." My grandma chuckle as well as me and my brother.

"Happy birthday sweet heart."

"Thanks grandma." I reply as she hands me a small bag.

I take it gently in my hands as i set it on the table like it was made of glass. As I peered into the bag there was a small sparkly box with a small bow in the middle. I pick it up and take the lid off to see another box but this time is plain black that would most likely hold a pair of earrings or a necklace. As I lift the lid I was correct as I saw a necklace with a cross charm with diamonds.

"Omgoodness grandma it's gorgeous."

"Yea it's real diamonds so you need to get them checked every 6 months." I nodded as I asked my brother to put it on me. I slightly grazed the cross ever so slightly and turned around to engulf my grandma into a hug.

"Thank you sososososososososososo much."

"Your sososososososososososo welcome." My grandma chuckled.

"So how's it fill to be 17 Maddie?" I turned to gaze at my brother.

"The same as when I turned 12." I giggled

After finishing my breakfast I ran upstairs to check my phone. I had 2 messages from Bri and Alxa saying happy birthday and they missed me.

And one from An unknown number I just shrugged it off thinking it was someone from school. As i set my phone down it started ringing so I picked it up again and answer the call.

"Hello?" I ask since I didn't look at the caller id.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY CUPCAKE." I smiled as I heard Ryder's voice but then I remember what he had done.

"Thanks Ryder but I need to go." I said maybe just a little to harsh.

"Wait cupcake are you still mad at me I don't even know what I did wrong."

"No Ryder I am not mad." I say clenching my teeth he doesn't even know what he did just freaking fantastic.

" yes you are I can practically see the vain popping out on your forehead." He laughed

"Whatever I need to go Ryder."

"Look Maddie I am sorry for whatever I did I truly am please just forgive me." And just like that I did I forgave him curse him for the affect he has on me.

"Okay okay I forgive you." I replied with a smile on even thought he can't see it.

"But I do need to go bye Ryder see you in 3 days."

"Yea maybe I could be closer than you think." With that he cut the line. Shaking off my curiosity I walked down stairs grabbing my wallet, phone, and some lip bam before heading out the door my grandma was taking me out for a shopping day. I did decline but my grandma insisted I find a dress for tonight I asked her what for but she said it was a surprise.

We walked through different stores but found nothing we were currently in our 7th store. We walked through different racks of dresses until my eyes landed on a black strapless dress that landed just above the knee.

I grabbed it before heading to the changing rooms I slipped it on as I walked to the full length body mirror.

It fit perfectly.

"You look beautiful honey you look just like your mom." She said putting her hand over her heart. I smile as I went back to take the dress off.

As I was at the cash register I handed my dress over to the lady.

"That will be 63.67." I reached for my wallet but my grandma beat me to it.

"Grandma I can pay for myself  I say putting my hand on my hip."

"No no I insist."

I grabbed the bag and left the store. It was currently 5:00 and my grandma said I need to be ready by 7 so as soon as I got to the house I bolted to my room.

But before I could do anything my phone vibrated.

"Hello?" I answer

"Happy birthday baby girl."

"Mom?" I asked shocked

"Yep."

"I thought you were busy?"

"I am but I had to make sure I called my baby on her birthday."

I smiled as I replied with a thank you we chatted for 5 min before she had to leave.  I put my phone on my nightstand an headed to take another shower.

As I got out and put a robe on, I quickly dried my hair and put it into light curls.
Then I put on light makeup. By the time I was done and it was time to put my dress on it was already 6:50 so I slipped the dress on and put on some matching black flats and the necklace my grandma gave me. One last glance in the mirror and I was already down the stairs.

There was a slight knock on the door so I went over and was utterly shocked that Ryder was standing there in human flesh.

"Ryder?"

"Cupcake." He smiled.

Authors Note
Hey guys plz like, comment and follow I wrote this chapter just cuz it my birthday 14 I fill 12 still😂😂😂😂 oh well enjoy.