Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

The next morning, Luca and I awoke as normal and dressed, but it was different. We causally touched each other as we passed, we kissed when the moment felt right, we teased each other about the previous night. It felt like the best kind of tension was rebuilding after we satisfied it the night before. After dressing, we went to make some tea and breakfast, and found MJ and Tomas in the kitchen. Tomas looked amused. MJ looked exhausted.

"Morning!" I greeted them.

Tomas signalled quickly that I should stop talking, but it was too late. MJ turned around and pointed at me. "Finn Lemieux, I do not ask very much of you, but I will ask now - if you and Luca are to continue this, you will only engage in that sort of behaviour when I am not in the room next door."

I blushed. "Sorry, MJ."

"I am not in the slightest bit sorry," Luca grinned.

Tomas snorted to himself. "No, I would imagine you are not, considering how excellent a time you seemed to be having."

I hid my face in my hands. "Please stop."

"It was an excellent time," Luca laughed loudly.

At that moment, Elle walked into the kitchen, spied myself and Luca, and became immediately flustered. "Hello," she greeted us, almost unsure where to look. Tomas burst out laughing at her countenance, and she glared at him. "I am trying to be polite!" she protested.

"I know, that is what makes me laugh," he said, as he wiped tears from his eyes.

The side door swung open, and Joseph walked in from the garden. He took one look at us and pointed at Luca, saying, "Never again do I want to hear anyone defile my almost-son in that manner, do you hear me?"

This did nothing to alleviate Tomas' laughter, who had to sit down and catch his breath. Luca couldn't help saying, "I certainly shall ensure you do not hear it."

The next few days followed in a similar sort of fashion. Everyone mocked us relentlessly, Luca beamed and agreed to all of it, with absolutely no shame, and I walked around in a constant state of embarrassment. Yet still, when it came to being alone with him, I refused to change a thing. I could not stop myself from being loud; it felt too damn good. We did, however, start having sex when everyone else was out in the garden, or elsewhere in the house. It certainly helped to stop annoying MJ.

Carolina and Ana left after a few days, but it was a reluctant goodbye. The house felt oddly empty without them, in a way no one had really expected. Elle even said that she was looking forward to the wedding so the house would be complete again. The loss of Oliver was strange enough, but now we did not have the two friends that had fit so easily into our group.

It was easy, in a way, to not think of Oliver. I spent most of my time with Luca, and it was hard to think of Oliver at all when I had such a delightful distraction in front of me. Every single time we fucked, it felt like I accepted my fate with Oliver just that little bit more. But with every passing day, the time crept closer to me that Oliver would return, and I had no idea how it would feel to see him again now that Luca and I had crossed that line.

"Are you nervous about seeing him?" Luca asked me, as we lay in each others arms, the night before Oliver was due to return.

"Yes," I replied honestly. "I... I truly do not know how I will feel about him now. I hope that I will feel better about it all, but... I truly do not know."

Luca squeezed me tightly. "Perhaps he will realise his mistake and throw himself at your feet to grovel."

I laughed lightly. "Somehow I think that unlikely. But it is a nice dream."