Stuck in the wild

Start from the beginning

"What?!" Jace's voice and mine were in unison. "Yes, I guess I'm related to you." Will shrugged his shoulders. The plane started rumbling, and I felt my stomach churn. "Oh gosh." I whispered to myself. "We are taking off." Soon, it felt like the plane was flying on a cloud. The first few seconds were terror, but now it was a smooth takeoff. The ground shook a little, but the seats remained as still as a tree. My eyes followed me to the window, and white scruffs of clouds were passing by. The clouds were made the windows foggy, but I could still see the ground. It was amazing how high we were- I could see a ton of blue lakes, green grass, and even some tiny tiny people. "Wow." I inhaled, letting everything sink it. The views were amazing! I had never seen anything like it before. "Liking the views?" Will leaned over Jace to speak with me. "Yeah, they're pretty amazing." "Reminds me of someone." Will said thoughtfully. "Who?" "Me!" I laughed- Jace and Will had the same sense of humor, both were arrogant, sarcastic, and funny, which were traits I loved. "So why are you going to fiji?" I started to make a conversation with Will. But, it was quite hard leaning over Jace, and especially uncomfortable for Jace. "Let's talk later. Just read this book if you're bored." Will gently placed a book in my hands. A tale of Two Cities. My eyes glanced over the blurb, and soon enough, my hands were gliding over the swift pages. My whole world was blocked out for now, right now I was a different world, a world full of words and magical things.

The night soon swept upon me, and the sky was filled with bright silver stars. My eyes fluttered shut and soon I was asleep, laying my hands across my head as a pillow. But, of course, I couldn't just get 5 minutes of sleep, something always had to go wrong. I went from sleeping for 2 minutes, to screaming my lungs out. The plane was crashing! My heart thudded in my ears and it was so loud, I couldn't even hear anybody else scream. But, knowing something like this would happen, I pulled out my parachute and sprinted to the exit. "Wait!" Will grabbed my arm, Jace behind him, and slowly yelled. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? LET ME JUMP WITH YOU!" I could barely hear with the loud thumping in my ear, but I could just make out the words. "YOU CAN TRY TO, BUT WHAT ABOUT JACE? CAN HE FIT IN THE SAME PARACHUTE! I DON'T THINK YOU EVEN CAN!" I shouted back at Will. He absorbed what I said before answering back. "I BROUGHT AN EXTRA PARACHUTE FOR ME AND SOMEONE ELSE! JACE CAN GO IN THAT ONE! NOW LET'S GO!" Will grabbed my hand and yanked me forward. Screams erupted like a volcano as all three of us sprinted towards the exit. We stopped suddenly, all three of us stumbling into each other. "THE ATTENDANTS WON'T LET US PASS THROUGH THE EXIT AND JUMP, FOLLOW ME TO THE SECRET EXIT WHERE NO ONE WILL KNOW WE JUMPED!" Jace took the lead, sending us to sin around and head in the opposite direction. We marched like soldiers into a stairway, and plummeted down the spiral stairs. "Are you sure this is an exit?" I didn't have to raise my voice anymore since we were away from all of the screams. "Yes! Never doubt me!" Jace exclaimed confidently. The plane swayed side by side and I was launched across the room, into a door. I groggily got up to find Jace and Will, both had their parachutes on and ready. "Ok Pickles, put your parachute on now! And fast!" My arms flew like spaghetti into my backpack, searching for the parachute. Once I found it, I slipped the straps onto my shoulders, and tightened the loose buckles. The weight of the parachute pulled me down to ground, but I forced myself to look strong, and pulled myself up. "Ok, ready?" Will looked between Jace and I, and took a deep breath. "One, two, three!" And we dropped into darkness.

I scrunched my eyes shut, groaning in my pain as I lay on my back. Pain seared up my arm of I reached to feel the ground. Sand. Moving like a snake, I slithered on my back to find Jace and Will. But, sand was encrusted in the gaps between my eyes, so I could barely see. Once again, I attempted to get up, and actually didn't fail. I grunted in pain as a long scratch traveled from my shoulder all the way down to knees. The scratch was deep, but nothing I couldn't handle. I had to find Jace and Will, and nobody else. Pushing the pain away helped a little as I glanced from side to side, trying to find my plane buddies. My eyes were glued to a spot, where something orange moved around. I limped over to the orange moving object, and soon realized it was a cat. The cat purred at my appearance, and did something I never thought would do. "Hello, I'm Firepaw!" The carrot colored cat meowed. My eyes opened as wide as the equator- this couldn't actually be happening. "Wha-what? Am I sick?" I questioned to Firepaw. "Oh no twoleg-" I cocked my head. "A two-what? My name is Pickles, ok? Now, I don't want to hear anymore cat blabber. I'm here to find my... plane buddies. Can you help me?" I jumped right to the point, there really was no time to waste. The cat hesitated. "Fine. Only because I want to show you I'm a warrior, not a dumb little cat. I can sniff somebody way better than you, so I'll be sure to find these twolegs before you do." The cat's tail wiggled, telling me this was a contest. "Challenge accepted." I smiled into Firepaw's green eyes before setting off to find Jace and Will first.