2

My alarm clock woke me up from my dream world. I slammed my hand on the snooze button and woke up from my nightmare filled restless slumber. I walked down stairs to find my mom passed out on the couch with the stench of alcohol on her breath. I tried my best to get her upstairs and into her bed. Sometimes I wished that I lived in a dorm but I knew my mom wouldn't survive if I did. I put on a floral dress and a denim jacket. They used to be my sister's favorite items of clothing. I put on my favorite tan leather boots and grabbed my keys. I was on my way to my first class and my future.
While in the road I thought about my past. I thought about my little sister and her smile. I thought of the times before everything happened. It seemed like the memories where a world away. I wish I could go back to the times when reality seemed so far away from me. Tears started to well in my eyes and blur my vision. Even years later I still suffer. I still have the scars and not just the physical ones. I soon arrived at the subway station. I parked my car and scanned my pass. I put in my headphones and texted my best friend Heidi
J:Hey girl what are u wearing?

J:CUTE!!H: hbuJ: floral dress denim jacket and tan boots gtg see u there  I soon arrived in NYC

J:CUTE!!
H: hbu
J: floral dress denim jacket and tan boots gtg see u there
I soon arrived in NYC. When I got out of the subway I saw Stark Tower. To me it was a symbol of hard work and determination. I soon walked to class. I found the lecture hall. I entered put my stuff down and waited for Heidi.
" I can move mountains I can work a miracle work a miracle oh oh keep you like an oath may nothing but death, do, us, part"
Someone ripped out my earbud. Before I told the person to take a hike I saw that it was Heidi.
" What's up my main bitch?" Heidi asked
" Nothing much. Couldn't sleep last night because of the nightmares like usual. My mom is still an alcoholic so yeah nothing new." I replied with a fake happy tone.
  In the middle of a debate of wether it's better to live in a dorm or at home Heidi gave me a concerned look.
" Juliet, look behind you." Heidi stated.
I looked behind me and my heart froze. A couple rows away was the man I used to know, I used to love. The monster that took away my innocence. My palms began to sweat, my breath began to quicken and my throat began to tighten. I wanted to scream my lungs out but no noise would come out.
" Juliet, go to my dorm and I'll come back when class is over." Heidi said while handing me the keys. I nodded and slowly walked to the exit. Once I was out of there I ran. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I knew where her dorm was because I helped her move in. When I got there I breathed a breath of relief.