Lacking Two Years

Zoro's eye widened, Sanji looked back to him with a confused look. He backed up into the counter behind him. Nami stepped up next to him and he smiled warmly to her.

"Sanji, how old are you?" she asked.

"I'm twenty, you know this you just came to my birthday last month." He chuckled.

She gasped covering her mouth, she looked up to Zoro. He looked terrified and pale in the face. Sanji turned to him, his mind blank on the green haired man with a scar over his left eye.

"Nami-swan, how did I get here? Who is that man?" Sanji asked.

She took his hand in hers, "You're going to find this hard to believe but, Sanji you were in a car accident you've been in a coma for 3 months. And that man over there, he's been your boyfriend for a year and four months."

Sanji's eye widened turning to him before he started to laugh. He winced as his laughter and his bruised stomach didn't mix.
"Okay funny joke you guys, alright who is he really?" Sanji hummed.

"It's true Sanji." Nami said.

"I'll prove it to you." Zoro said.

He rummaged in his pocket pulling out his wallet and plucked out a single photo. Zoro walked up to Sanji handing him the picture of Sanji kissing Zoro's cheek sitting on some rocks by the water. He took the picture examining the picture.

"Then why don't I remember you?" Sanji muttered.

"Because you met him just shy of two years ago." Nami said.
Sanji stared at how happy he looked in the picture, "Make me remember."

"What?" Zoro asked.

He looked up at Zoro, "If you mean that much to me, then help me remember you."

Zoro chuckled, "I will."

It took a week to get Sanji out of the hospital and back home. Zoro unlocked the door taking him inside, Zoro cleaned it up before Sanji came home with him.

"Welcome home, cook." Zoro motioned him in.

Sanji flicked on the lights and looked at how rearranged his house was. Pictures of both of them scattered around the house. He picked up each and every one of them looking how happy they looked. He'd smile remembering nothing of these memories. He noticed Zoro had both of his eyes in each of the photo's, Sanji turned to Zoro with a long scar across his left eye.

"what happened?" Sanji asked.

"Your not the only one who got injured in the car accident." Zoro said.

"You were there too?"

Zoro nodded, he walked up to the table and pulled out a red folder. He flicked his eyes to the folder then back to Sanji.

"It was our one year anniversary, and you surprised me by going to the lake." Zoro said.

Sanji set down the picture and walked up to Zoro taking the folder. He opened it before his eyes blown wide looking at the graphic pictures of the two of them matted with the bent metal around them. Sanji read over franticly over what happened. He looked up to Zoro with tears threatening to fall.

"You've been there every day weren't you? You waited for me to wake up didn't you?" Sanji trembled.

Zoro nodded, "And I'll make sure you remember me."

"What if I don't remember?"

"Then we'll start over."

"I don't want to start over, I want to be as happy as that Sanji in those pictures. If you can make me fall in love with you once you can do it again. You have three months. If I don't remember you then, I want you to move out."

Zoro's eye widened, Sanji was serious. He had that look that he meant what he said. He sighed and nodded.

"Alright. Give me three months." Zoro said.

"So, these pictures when did we take them?" Sanji asked.

"Well, it was your idea that we have some pictures of ourselves in the house. You have some in your wallet to show your friends and stuff."

He perked up going through his wallet, and there was smaller pictures of them in it. His face furrowed plucking a picture out that didn't match the others. Sanji's face flushed a dark red before stuffing the picture back in. Zoro gave a low chuckle.

"I gave that to you for your birthday last year. You wanted something, sweaty."

Sanji swallowed thickly before turning away into the kitchen.

"I- I'll make some lunch."

Zoro chuckled his smile faded when an idea popped in his head.

"Hey cook." Zoro said.

Sanji turned to him, "Yeah?"

"Fight me."

Sanji's eyes widened. Did something click? Did he remember? Something?

"I'm not going to.... Fight.... You...."

Sanji stood like he's said something like this before. No he couldn't of. Could he?