33

It'd been two months since Tyler asked me to be his girlfriend, officially. And I think I finally understood Alisha and Blake. Because, as much as I hated to admit it, Tyler and I were somewhat like them, except, less mushy.

Cue Alisha hitting me.

Both my parents adored Tyler, although my dad did try to give him the whole 'scary father' vibe. Let's just say that was a lot funnier than it was scary.

I hardly ever saw my mum around the house because she was almost always at Tyler's house. Then again, he's at my house a lot so I guess.

Alisha and I decided to go shopping for prom today. Prom was coming up in one week and Tyler still hadn't asked me. I mean, I know we were together and all, but still, what girl didn't  want a romantic invitation to prom?

"How is it?" Alisha came out of the changing room with a hopeful smile. Too bad, it doesn't suit her. It makes her look awkward in a way.

"Nope. It makes you look weird"

"This is the tenth dress!"

"Yup, and I still have to find mine,so hurry up"

She rolled her eyes and walked back into the changing room. Five minutes later, we were both walking into another shop. Alisha immediately ran to grab a couple of quote "cute and sassy" dresses, while I took my time looking around.

I'd already tried on a couple of dresses but they were either too small, too loose, or half tight half lose.

I walked to a section of black floor length dresses and browsed through them, when I saw a burgundy velvet ball gown awith a sweetheart neckline.

It was PERFECT.

I loved it the moment I laid eyes on it and I knew I needed to have it. I grabbed the dress and ran into the changing room, telling Alisha to wait before trying on any other dresses.

As I stepped into the dress, it felt absolutely perfect. Hugging my body in the right places, as though it were made for me. .

It came with a black half jacket, designed in a way to match perfectly with the dress, in case it got chilly,

I took a deep breath and walked outside. "So?how is it?"

Alisha inhaled with wide eyes.

"It....looks.....perfect! Its like the dress was made for you! You're buying it!" She said excitedly. Thank God. The dress actually looked good .

I gave the dress to one of the saleswoman and she went away to pack it, while I waited for Alisha to try on more dresses.

She ended up hating all of them, even before she could show me, so we got my dress and headed towards the last store on our list.

"You'll have to like one from here Al." I said walking into the shop.

"I think I already do" she replied smiling, as she speed walked towards a blue dress aisle.

She ran off to the changing room without even letting me see the dress, so I sat down on a waiting chair, its this or nothing.

When she came out of the changing room, I felt the need to stand up because the dress looked absolutely stunning on her.

It was a dark blue, low back floor length dress, with a halter neckline and a small train.

"It looks beautiful." I said dazed.

She went back into the changing room and came out just as fast, then gave the dress to the saleswoman to pack as well.

We payed and left the store, to look for some shoes and jewelry.

"Look! There's the store I was talking about! Come on" Alisha exclaimed, dragging me after her.

We entered the shoe shop and I saw rows and rows of shoes reaching up to the ceiling. I needed heels that were either burgundy or nude.

I was browsing through the store, when Alisha called me to show a pair of dark blue peep toe platform heels.

"I love them," I said smiling, she just seemed to know exactly what she wanted, like the pieces fit into place for her instantly.

I, on the other hand.

With a sigh I went back to browsing while Alisha payed for her shoes. I spotted a pair of heels which were almost like Alisha's, only burgundy in color. A girl can twin with her best friend.

And so I bought them.

*****

"That was fun" Alisha said dropping on my bed and putting the bags beside her.

"Prom is in a week , and we're finally done shopping. Now all that's left is appointments with hair stylists, and for a pedicure and manicure, I'll do that later"

"Prom is going to be so much fun! Senior prom, and graduation, then out of this school for good." I said smiling.

"Yes, by the way, do you want to go for a drive before meeting up with Tyler and Blake tomorrow? Just the two of us?"

"Just the two of us? Anytime."

I'd been spending a lot more time with Alisha lately, mainly because after school we'd probably go to different colleges because both of us had different aims in life. Tyler was going to get his own apartment, but I wasn't going to be living with him just yet.

I was going to go to London for further studies and Tyler wasn't ready to go back there just yet, because of his sister. Obviously it still brought back memories, and I completely understood, I mean, we would go back and forth to visit each other.

Long distance isn't impossible.

"Alisha, do you want to go out to get dinner first or a -" I turned around to see her already asleep, with her shoes on, and her clothes, which would be spoilt if she wore them to bed.

I went to her and woke her up as softly as I possibly could. Sleepily she changed out of her clothes and took of her shoes, I took her makeup off, and she was snoring again in seconds.

Guess I should get some sleep too.

So I did my own changing and plopped down next to Alisha. And within seconds, I was swept away into the land of no return - just kidding - it was only the land of dreams.