When is Loving Someone Too Much?

September 17, 2013

When is loving someone too much?

In reality, there should be no limits. No boundaries. No stop signs.

It’s more of an individual assessment…or…perception…sometimes even intuition.

When you truly love someone, you try to overlook the pains…the pins and needles…because you’re happy and satisfied by just expressing your feelings towards the other person…though sometimes…you don’t get as much in return… or none at all.

But in a relationship, this is not always true. Loving one another in the beginning is pure, seemingly endless…couples find a way to fall in love with each other all over again. But as the pages of time pass by…the love also withers…especially if it’s not protected, taken care of…nurtured.

Almost always…one would take the other for granted…and sometimes, starts looking for another. While the other tries to keep the relationship under control.

One realizes that the relationship isn’t going anywhere anymore. While the other believes something can still be done to save it.

Some relationships end at this point. Some try to work things out and succeed. Some try to make it work in vain…where one has fallen out of love…while the other still tries to save it.

When you truly love someone, you try to overlook the pains…the pins and needles…because you’re happy and satisfied by just expressing your feelings towards the other person…though sometimes…you don’t get as much in return… or none at all.

This becomes a fallacy. In a relationship…you almost always expect to be loved back by the other person.

You can’t save a failing love when the other doesn’t give some effort. You can’t save a failing love where the other doesn’t feel like staying anymore. All efforts then, will be in vain.

Then…

When is loving someone too much?

It’s when you give everything you have but was never acknowledged… It’s when you do everything but the other stays idle… It’s when you decide to offer all your love that you forget to save some for yourself…

====

A/N: A blog that I wrote sometime in 2009.

Pagbigyan niyo na akong magseryoso paminsan-minsan. Kailangang balansehin ang katatawanan at ang pagiging seryoso kundi mababaliw ako.. hahaha

Lels.