Intro

-Sophia's POV-

I ran.

I had a boat to catch and if I wasn't on it, my dad was going to be hella pissed. He wanted the whole family together before he had to go and do whatever he was supposed to do while we were in Italy. I guess he was going to be busy most of the week we were here.

Camilla, my best friend and Luca's first daughter, and I had been wandering around the waterfront, looking at the boutiques and the street food. I lost track of time and now here I was.

The streets were crowded because of some summer festival, but that didn't stop me from running like mad head on into the masses.

Karma hit me hard in the form of some tall stud muffin and before I knew it I was falling hard onto the stone path. Whatever he had been carrying, was now in pieces on the sidewalk. It looked expensive and kind of resembled a camera, but I couldn't be too sure.

"Fuck. You." The guy growled as we both climbed back onto our feet. "You fucking broke it, you dumb tourist," he gathered up the shards before realizing it was unsalvageable and dropping them again.

"Tourist?" I asked. No, I didn't exactly live here at the moment, but I did sometimes. I spoke the language fluently and willingly embraced my Italian roots, so no I was not a fucking tourist, "I'm not a tourist thank you very much. Now excuse me, I gotta go."

"Uh no," he grabbed my upper arm and pulled me back just as I was about to walk away from this whole situation, "I think you owe me a new camera, coniglietta."

I followed his eyes down to my shirt that just so happened to have a coniglietta, bunny, on it. "Pervert!" I snapped as his eyes remained on my chest a little too long.

"Don't flatter yourself, love. You're not my type."

My phone started vibrating from inside the back pocket of my jeans and that pulled me back to reality, the real reason why I was in this situation in the first place.

I answered it quickly and tried to walk away again, but he pulled me back, now getting way on my nerves. "Yes?" I answered after seeing that it was my dad.

"Where are you, Soph? We're about to leave."

"Some weirdo won't stop talking to me," I looked the guy right in his wintery green eyes.

"What?" I couldn't see him, but I could sense that he had gone into his panic mode, "Weirdo? Where are you? Where's Camilla? I thought you were with her."

"She went home. Can you come get me please?"

"Already on my way."

______________________

Just a little teaser.