"Wait a second, how'd you stop me from falling in time?" I asked, legitimately confused. He put his hand to his chin and held it in thought before smirking.

"Well, while you were crossing the river, I was walking back to my campsite to pick up my red stone dust when you nearly fell in, so I ran to the river and saved your life. You're welcome." He said with an outstretched hand.

I looked at it and back at him with skepticism. "What?" I asked, and he faltered.

"Well, don't people shake hands when they first meet." He stammered. I felt my face flush as I remembered how little I've interacted with other people.

"Oh." I said as I looked at the ground, and I shook his hand.

"Names Travis! Yours?" He asked with a friendly smile. "(Y/N)." I responded.

We stood there in awkward silence for a while. It made me remember why I hate talking to people.

"Well bye." I said as I turned around, my hand waving in his direction.

"Wait!" He said and caught back up with me.

Give it a rest!

"What do you want?" I asked with a straight face, annoyance in my tone.

He gave me a fake pout face, but it quickly went away as his head started whipping in all directions.

"What are you do-" he cut me off with the wave of his hand.

The bushes around started rustling, and I whipped around.

After taking a step backwards, I hit his back. His arm moved to his waist, and he pulled out a ruby sword.

I shrugged and took mine out as well, its blackness glistening against the sun.

He stared at it for a moment before turning his attention back to the bushes, which had started shaking more violently.

Then they stopped. They just stopped shaking.

"What the-" he started, but hen I smelled them.

"Trolls." I mumbled before a dozen or so little, green men with clubs and gangs jumped out of the bushes.

"Great. Just what I wanted." He said before lifting his hand to block me from the little monsters.

"Stay behind me." He said, and I scoffed.

He lunged toward the creatures before slashing at them. He was a blur of red and silver as his sword sliced through the torsos of every goblin.

They would raise their clubs to strike him, but he'd slice the wood in half as if it was a knife through water.

"Cool..." I trailed off before hearing a sound from behind me.

I whipped around in time to catch the barrel of a wooden club in my hands. It was aimed for my back, but catching it caught the troll off guard.

He tried to rip the club out of my hand, but I held firm.

When I got bored, I let him have it.