Chapter 7

"Hurry up." Sasori hissed, jogging before me through the tunnels as we fled from the scene.

"Working on it." I hiss tightly through gritted teeth. I ran close behind him now, but I had to be careful not to step on his damn robes. Especially a straggling thread that clung to the rest of silky material. There was no time for explanation, or an exchange of words now, not that I even planned on saying a anything to him anyhow. So my mind only raced with unanswered questions that I'll just have to piece together myself.

Before we fled from Hidan's body, I was almost certain the Akatsuki were able to hear and catch up with us in due time. They're intelligent and swift enough to figure it out. They more than likely pinpointed my where abouts due to the mass orchestra Sasori and Hidan created in their skirmish.

It was silent in this specific tunnel though, only my quick breathing and the patter of our shoes on the stone. The sound rocketing off the walls to call back at us. If I'm lucky we may have escaped just in time. I look to Sasori who isn't equally as loud as I am, and I take time to study how easily his body reacted to the speed and difference of this situation as a whole. I was left only guessing if his puppet body remained underneath his clothes or brand new flesh and blood existed instead.

My foot catches on something slick and my leg scoots back in swift and knocks me on my hands. Causing Sasori to catch and tumble as well. The ground under my knee felt cool and soft and I pulled the tattered piece of silk from under it. Holding it before my eyes, examining the rip of its departure. I rub it in my fingers and my brows furrow in annoyance, now discovering the cause of my faulter. I look up to see Sasori storming over and he rips it from my hands in a single swipe, "When I said stay close, I didn't mean right on my heels." He growls irritably. Turning tail with a swish of the remaining tail in his attire.

I fumbled for my comeback and only suffice with sticking my tounge out at him as his back faced me now.

"You think you could just go a tad bit slower?" I mumble crossly, dragging my fingers down my top to rip off the pebbles and dirt that collected in it.

He doesn't respond and even keeps walking. Completely ignoring my complaining. I can feel my face grow hot with irritation and I continue after him. I can tell he's on the verge of abandoning me here. Maybe just fogetting any plans he's had for me.

Eventually I speed up to jog behind him at an appropriatedistance. So he has no right to accuse me anymore. He hasn't said anything since the small accident back there and he hasn't even looked back at me. He's really trying his hardest right now, I'll have to give him props for that. Suddenly, he takes a sudden turn to the right and I am left scrambling to stop and bouncing on one foot, trying to make the turn as quick as he could. I ultimately failed and had to push myself off the wall that threatened to stop me with force. Shaving myself off the cracking surface, I race after him until he and I break into a wider expanse. Sasori, who had abruptly stopped, stared at a sliver of light fighting for it's escape in the dark. The boulders surrounding it placed too carefully. Our way out.

How useful that could have been much earlier. Sasori crosses his arms and finally looks back at me with his face relaxed in no emotion. However, now expecting his sudden halt, I skid past him. Ignoring his bark of protest, I lauch myself onto the rocks to begin the climb. I'm tired of waiting for his ass anyway.

"Sakura!" He hisses, flashing a look behind him.

"Would you just hurry up and start climbing?" I spit back at him. Not suspending my climb to freedom from this dark, stuffy death cavern. "We can easily-" My explanation is cut off with a gasp as an explosive shuriken shakes the rocks I was scaling. Loosing my grip I slide back down, loosing my well earned altitude in seconds. My feet hit the stone softly and I turn to blame Sasori for my fall, however, what crosses my vision is a small band of identically clothed ninja. Each blocking the direction we had come from.