03 | frozen

Cleia Snow ∞ Alyssa Colt 's pov

There are many things that I appreciate in my life, but none of those things can exceed my love for this beautiful mask standing before me. It was white with a little tinge of blue, a perfect match with my dress. What caught my eyes were the unique pearls decorating it.

It was 8 o'clock sharp, meaning that the masquerade ball had started. Fashionably late is never wrong. Annelise had forced me to put some makeup on, but not too much for me to look like a doll. Without her knowing, i slipped on my erecais , a silver snake bracelet given to me by the elekias for protection. The elekias were a race of snakes, powerful and wise. They had given me the erecais on the day i got crowned. It was supposed to detect danger and protect me from it. One erecai is more powerful than 10 guards, so it was not necessary to bring with me so much guards. The erecais were like cuffs on my hands, fitting my little hand perfectly.

"Lady Alyssa, we need to hurry. It's already pass eight." Annelise rushed me for the infinite time. I nodded at her before wearing my crown. Each diamonds on the crown strengthen me, therefore, it is no surprise that i used it everywhere.

"Let's go," I left my chamber and speed walked the entire way out of the castle.

"The chariot are ready, Lady Alyssa," Kai and Leo bowed at me before they mount to the carriage.

"Keep the castle safe, Annelise," i warned her before entering the carriage.

The pegasus started off with light steps, but before i knew it, we were already flying. The ride to the High Kingdom were smooth and i managed to not freeze anything from my nervousness. It had been a long time since i made a public appearance and the thoughts of greeting kings, queens, counts and countess unnerved me. Hopefully, they are not as snotty and arrogant as how i read in stories.

Thud!

We had arrived at the Kingdom of Vieras and Kai and Leo opened the door, revealing a huge castle, with guards and maids greeting the guests. Kai and Leo offered me their hands, which i gracefully took. Awed at the size of the castle, i didn't realized that the carriage had already flown away, leaving Kai, Leo and i to face this challenge ourselves.

We climbed the flight of stairs before the guards and maids bowed at their guest. The mahogany door opened, revealing a huge hall and a crowd of the creme de la creme of the society. Here goes nothing!

[Penelope Skye Snow - daughter in law of King Arden and Queen Teresa] 's pov

"Is our guests all here yet?" Fynn Snow, my fiancée, asked the Jerone, the butler.

"All is here except for the Queen of Venus," he replied is a hushed tone.

What a disrespectful queen, showing up late to the to their first formal ball-

The grand entrance opened, revealing a lady and two burly man, standing beside her.

"Ah, that's she, Queen Alyssa Colt from Venus," Jerone muttered under his breathe, only wanting Fynn and I to listen.

Everyone's attention was now on the beautiful, powerful and sole ruler to her kingdom. Unlike all other ladies here, her dress wasn't as huge and flashy, hers was elegant and eye catching in a different way. While other Queens where gold crowns, she wore a rose gold crown with diamonds.
Rose gold is a symbol of sole power between our kinds.