01 | frozen

07 June, 2470

King Arden

The once majestic sun is now covered by the storms, thunders, and rains of hailstones. What a mystery this world is, for the once scorching weather in Summer is suddenly replaced by Winter in just a day. The world must be ending, as green meadows are now covered in snow.

I raised both my hands and tried controlling the weather, but my efforts proved furtile. The people must think I'm crazy for what's happening, but the weather that is going on was none of my doing as the weather can't be controlled even by me. My train of thoughts were interrupted by Gerome, my butler, entering my office, in a hurry.

"Gerome, how many times should I warned you not to interrupt me with my work !" I bellowed to him. He flinched visibly before answering, "My lord, your queen has given birth to twins !"

Upon hearing his words, tears welled up my eyes as I run for the nursery, wanting to see my first born child. With my speed, I arrived in a minute and open the mahogany door, revealing to nurses and maids all cuddled up around the bed. Pushing my way to my beloved, I caught a glimpse of them, my little babies, bundled in white satin, carried by my wife and the mother of my daughter, Teresa.

She looked tired and weak, after hours of delivering my babies to this world. Tears streamed down her high cheekbones as she looked lovingly at our wailing daughter. Without further a do, she handed me my children, gently, as I took them in my arms.

Tiny fingers curl around my pinky. I watch the newborn peer through her brown eyes at what must be such a strange world after life in the womb. Her legs kick in a tiny jagged motion, looking for that resistance they are used to I guess, but finding nothing but air. I wonder if that's unsettling or a relief, it must have been pretty cramped in there. When she flails her hands, they barely rose above her head and I think of how strange we'd all look if we kept those body proportions as we grew. Then she begins to fret and cry and trashed around my hand. Everyone told me how annoying that's going to be, but it's so cute I almost cry. This is a new person, and I'm already filling up with love for her. Meanwhile, my other baby was sleeping soundly in my arms, a boy. His cute button nose heaved up and down, as he snuggled deeper in the blanket. They shall be my heir.

"What should we name them, Arden?" the gentle voice of my wife asked me.

"Whatever you decide, my love, I will agree," I answered lovingly to my wife as I soothed the crying children in my arms.

"Cleia. Cleia Snow. For she was born in a storm in the middle of Summer. For she shall grow into a beautiful young lady, with the farest skin and the beauty of a snow. For she shall be bestowed with great powers for the better of this world."

"And for him, Ronan Snow. Shall he be the greatest warrior anyone had seen. Shall he be the finest king that ruled the vieras. Shall he be bestowed with gifts and powers unlike no others. Shall he made the world a better place"

Thunders cackled outside as if her words were being listened or granted.

"Very well then. My beloved children, I love you already without knowing you." I whispered to them as their eyes fluttered closed.

• • •

07 June, 2471

King Arden