02 | frozen

1 January, 2491

Cleia Snow ∞ Alyssa Colt 's pov

"My Lady, the High Kingdom of Dreia has invited you to attend their annual new year party." my loyal servant, Annelise, informed me. It has only been a year since i ruled this kingdom, Kingdom of Venus, and this is the very first formal party the King and Queen of the Vieras invited me to.

I had never made an appearance before and i had never planned to. A wise man once told me, knowing others is intelligence, but exposing ourself is foolishness. Over the past year of ruling the Kingdom of Venus, i heard rumors spreading among my own people, of how i have no face, as i had never spoken to them directly.

The only person who knows how i truly look like, is Annelise. Those ministers i appointed had tried several times to reason with me to show my face, but they fear my power. A mask was what i wore daily, it's now my second skin, one i only felt comfortable when it is on.

"Send the minister of foreign affairs then. I had not planned to show enemies myself as it will only bring weakness to the kingdom." My cold voice penetrate the chilly atmosphere inside the ice hall. I could feel Anne's shivers the longer she stay.

"I tried telling them that, your majesty, but they will only appreciate your presence and no one's else," she tried reasoning me.

"How stubborn they are. Let them know, if they want my presence so badly, allow my minister to attend the party in my behalf and i will send them a gift," my voice was calm but void of any emotions.

Out of nowhere, the great mahogany door of the hall opened widely and the ministers all entered in a hustle.

"Your majesty, are you out of your mind?"

"These are the Kings and Queens of our kind !"

"It will be very embarrassing and immoralist if you do not attend it!"

"I will no longer tolerate your childish behaviour!"

I raised both of my hands, and they froze in their spot, only allowing them to listen and breathe.

"No, ministers, i am not out of my mind. They could be the gods for all i care and I won't expose myself either. And no, I'm not ugly or self conscious. If you can no longer tolerate my childish behaviour, you're allowed to leave my kingdom." I emphasized on the word childish as harshness coated my voice. Closing my fists together, the ministers were released from their frozen forms

Apologies could be heard in mumbles as they bow their head down.

"It's a masquerade ball, your majesty, we just heard from the messenger before we came." my advisor tried hard not to stutter as the room temperature dropped.

I thought for a while before agreeing to this foolish ball King Arden and Queen Teresa held. "Very well then, I shall go to these ball if that's what you ministers wishes." I sighed heavily, knowing that meeting important and significant people is going to be intimidating and tiring.

"When is this ball held?" I asked to no one in particular.

"Tomorrow, at 8 o'clock sharp." Annelise spoke up.

"Alright then, we shall go prepare the guards and soldiers for tomorrow evening as i will be taking Kai and Leo with me. Security should be tightened when i am gone and i do not want to see any drunk warriors roaming these kingdoms. I have my eyes on you," I finished my little speech and took off with Annelise to my dressing room.

Nothing really caught my eyes after an hour of searching for a suitable dress, until a certain sky blue dress shone in the corner. Flowers embroidered
the dress from head to toe and the lacy patterns only complimented my fair skin as it is see through. Simple yet elegant, not enough for me to stood out between a crowd of royals, but not dull enough to be considered a wallflower.

"Annelise, prepare this gown for tomorrow and call the tailor to make me a mask similar to this design,"I requested her to take this task to my trustworthy tailor i had never met, but adored dearly, as he is the best in town

I requested her to take this task to my trustworthy tailor i had never met, but adored dearly, as he is the best in town.

She nodded and scurried off to do her errands. Meanwhile, the sun had set and I was off to bed, for tomorrow is a big day filled with eventful and tiring things to do. Between all the bad thoughts about the ball, I was secretly giddy for tomorrow.

:) thankyou for reading