Chapter 9: A Heartless Fate

Start from the beginning

"Then that does explain his boredom to a degree" said Tema

"I'm afraid we don't have much. We do have an inn for your stay. The fights will be later this afternoon. The line-ups are posted on the board next to the inn. I'll see you later"

With that Lars left the group. Seje rubbed his head "ahh...so it's exactly as Lea said. If the leader of a country...is like this...he must be bored out of his mind"

"yeah...from the sounds of it" said Tema looking round "this land is more for either farmers or people in their retirement"

"I think it looks rather neat" said Yumi looking round "seeing the land so full of green like this. Come on Tema let us see who fights who" Tema smiled...but Aurora and Lea saw Tema's hands clench as he followed after her.

Lea then looked at Aurora "Aurora...Tema. Something happened didn't it? Something that has brought him...a lot of pain"

"how do you know?" said Aurora

"Whenever Tema...looks at Yumi...his hand would clench. He was angry...but I don't think towards her" Aurora hung her head

"yeah...he has good reason to be" Seje then spoke

"You saw anger? I just saw fear in Tema" said Seje making them both "Tema's hand...was shaking...terribly" Aurora gasped a little and gripped her hands "just what happened?" Aurora then spoke

"I can't say it..." Aurora was mildly shaking "it's...too painful to really even think about. Just please...support my master" Seje looked serious

"of course...he's my mate. I'll make sure to help him out"

"count me in too" said Lea also determined "he's...been through enough pain as it is" Seje was in thought

"her words 'it was too painful to even think about'. What did...Aurora mean by that? Did she mean...too painful for her"

A little further along from the land the group were walking along a simple dirt road. It came to a sort of plaza where the inn stood before them. In-front of the inn was a board which Yumi ran too. Yumi was checking it over but look puzzled "Tema, Tema come look there's two sets of matches"

"there is" Tema looked at the match-ups "oh yeah there is" Seje, Aurora and Lea was just approaching "hey guys they've got the line-up posted"

Seje, Aurora and Lea walked over and examined the board. Lea looked at it "so the sixteen fights are broken up in sets of two. The first half of fights are this morning with the second half in the afternoon"

"So let's see" said Seje putting his finger on the board "it looks like Blaze and Jo are in the first match"

"Me and Aurora are in the second. With you and Lea in third" said Tema following "and in the fourth..." his hand shook a little

"Mas...ter" said Yumi slowly seeing Zack's name on the fourth match "Master is last"

Aurora quickly tried to break the mood "so where's Kairi on the board?"

"I'm the second match of the second half" they turned left to see Kairi quite happy "so I can come watch your matches and then you can come to watch mine"

"yeah okay Kairi" said Yumi happily which Kairi noted

"You look quite happy today" Kairi rubbed her head "and I think it's all to do with the person you're hanging out with" Yumi nodded while Tema looked worried "what's the matter?"