You Take Too Long

I can honestly say that today was definitely not going well.

  There was no sign of Scott- which, so help me, if he didn't show up soon, I was going to slaughter him- and Isaac was off helping Cora with some unknown project. Allison was still treating her wounds, all the while mumbling curse words and death wishes. Peter was being the most unhelpful prick he's been in years. In fact, this was possibly one of his long-standing records.

  Stiles was another topic entirely. I'd called Scott probably twenty times already, even sent him text messages saying that his best friend went missing after an attack from those damned twins, and he still hasn't replied. Allison was absolutely useless, considering she was apparently slammed into unconsciousness. Those twins were clever when it came to covering scents. I'm an Alpha, and I still couldn't keep the trail.

  The worst part was, my rage was dragging out my tolerance. For practically every second the day, I was reigning in the desire to rip the heads off of those idiotic duplicates. I was literally so angry that I absent-mindedly broke my phone. Which, was another thing I had to add to the list of things that piss me off.

  "If you're so frustrated, then maybe you should go home," Allison glanced up at me.

  "I'm not going home until I find Stiles." She tied the bandage off viciously and whipped her head up.

  "Why? So you two might have had sex! That doesn't make him your responsibility!" She hissed. "He's Scott's friend, not yours!"

  "You don't know how he feels," I growled.

  "You don't either! So, don't even start with that." Anger was ablaze in both of us and it lasted longer than expected.

  "I am not going home until I find Stiles," I reiterated. She moved to grab the bottle of pain-killers when I snatched her arm. My eyes flashed with red and for a brief moment, the pain shot from her leg to my arm. Allison looked bemused.

  "... Why did you do that?"

  "Now we're even."

  "For what?"

  "For at least trying to help." She glared slightly then nodded.

  Leaving her room was easy, but passing Chris without him staring at me like I was the plague was easier said than done. Moreover, he had a knife in a firm grip over the head of lettuce and I'm almost sure he keeps a gun in the kitchen just in case. No doubt that the bullets are laced with wolfsbane...

  I stopped outside the door, lost in thought about where to start. Stiles and Allison were attacked not far from the house, but when I found Allison, Stiles was nowhere to be seen. So, either he was taken or he was still somewhere in the woods.

  "Derek...?" Immediately, my head flung up.

  "Scott! Where the hell have you been?" I stomped towards him, not caring to wave back to Isaac and Cora who were seated in the car in the distance. He pulled an interesting face.

  "At the hospital. With my mom. Why?"

  "Did you not get my messages?" Scott flinched.

  "Relax, Derek! I-"

  "How can I relax when my- Stiles is missing!" Scott paused for a moment.

  "What do you mean Stiles is missing...?" He asked with a frightened caution.

  "So, I take it you didn't read them..."

  "No. Because mom took my phone for failing my math and science test! Derek, what the hell is going on?!" Typical that it would be Scott failing his tests. On another note, in order for Scott to fully understand, I would have to tell him the entire story. But, the clock was ticking and we needed to find Stiles.