If Looks Could Kill.

Start from the beginning

"Gabby!"

"What? He's not that bad!"

"It's not about him being bad..it's just-"

"Are you worried I'll steal him from you? Ray, I would never. That's breaking the girl code."

What? Was Gabby crazy? Steal him from me? She still thought I liked him?

"I told you I don't like him." I scowled her, and Gabby snorted.

"Come on, I see the way you look at him."

"Oh hush, and take me to damn school!"

---------

      By the time I got to school, I was beyond frustrated. The whole car ride, Gabby went to explain on how I had to come to terms with my so called, 'feelings.'

All I wanted to do was jump out of the car when she began to speak about picking between Gage and Dustin.

Even though I objected many times that nothing was going on, with either them. And it wasn't a complete lie. Dustin was just a friend. And I wasn't leading him on, right?

With Gage, things were..complicated. But nothing was going on. Oh god, who was I kidding? Of course stuff was going. He freaking marked me!

That stupid, hot, hunky-

Get to the point, Ray.

Right. I was supposed to be hating him. Not calling him sexy. He's an idiot, in conclusion.

"..Ray, are you even paying attention?" Gabby's voice snapped me out of my thoughts, and I looked at her.

"No." I said boldly, and Gabby sighed as she pulled into a free parking space.

"I'll shut up about all of this, if you attend the party, and go shopping today with me and Dustin after school."

I raised both my eyebrows up at her, "And you'll never speak of this whole, 'Coming to terms with you're feelings' shit?"

"Yes. I promise."

"Fine, I'll go stupid dress shopping." I reluctantly agreed, and swung open the car door, taking a step out.

"And to the party!"

"Yeah, whatever!"

I called over my shoulder, as I slammed the door shut, and started up the steps of the school. Immediatly, everybody started to cluster around Gabby's car, asking,

What party?

When?

Will there be drinks?

Will there be chicks?

And so on.

I shook my head, what was it about parties that got teenagers so rallied up? Maybe the thought of no parents, and sex.

Possibly.

I made my way into the school, and to my locker, and then swung it open. Suddenly, I felt a hand touch my stomach, I jumped and turned quickly, meeting a pair of sparkling eyes filled with humor. Dustin.

"Well, somebody is quite jumpy this morning." He laughed, and I let my erratic heart beat slow down before answering.

"Yeah, and sneaking up on people doesn't help."

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

"It's cool." I reassured him with a small smile, and turned to open my locker, while looking down at the combination of the piece of paper, seconds later, it popped open.