9. Painting

Taehyung ran down the long flights of stairs and out the door. He was almost sprinting to Jungkook's building. He hadn't seen him in 2 days and missed his idol terribly. Is that weird? Someone you had just met, that you missed so much? Whether it was or not, Taehyung didn't care. The only thing on his mind was Jungkook.

He wondered if Jungkook would ask about what he wrote in his notebook about the new painting. He knew he wouldn't be afraid to answer. The emotion he felt from the new thing was a complicated one. It was a feeling of admiration and longing. It was almost something like love, but the black block in the center scared that idea away. That touch of black that was different from the rest of Jungkook's works was mysterious to Taehyung. Usually, a thing like this would make a painting depressing. But Taehyung knew that it meant something deeper, he knew it did. He just couldn't quite put a finger on it.

Soon, the tall red building came into view and Taehyung was shortly at the front door. Jungkook had told him earlier that he was on the 9th floor, but luckily, it was a newer, nicer place so there were elevators. The ride up was excruciatingly long. 9 floors wasn't that bad but the anticipation was killing him. But eventually, the metal door opened and Taehyung walked out and looked down the hall to find a small Raven haired boy sticking his head out of a nearby door. He saw Taehyung and giggled before retreating back into what Taehyung assumed was his apartment. He followed after him.

"Jungkook~" Taehyung said knocking slightly on the door, "I'm here come let me in."

The door slowly opened and the shorter boy was standing there in a white t-shirt and black sweatpants that were too long for him so they dragged on the ground around his ankles.

"Hi Tae," he said with a sweet smile. The nickname made Taehyung blush slightly. The younger boy showed him in and Taehyung looked around the small room in awe.

"Wow," he said, "is all of this yours?" Referring to all of the canvases scattered on the walls. They were positioned so perfectly and Taehyung knew this was because of Jungkook's OCD that he had told him about.

Jungkook nodded. He watched as Taehyung gazed upon everything in the room. Then, the older spotted the corner of the room, next to what he assumed was the bedroom door, that held a desk with tons of art supplies. He ran over and saw Jungkook's most recent painting sitting on top.

"Oh my god!" He said "this is amazing I love it!"

He turned his head to Jungkook who was blushing. Then he continued to flip through the sketchbook that was placed neatly near the top of the desk.

Jungkook observed Taehyung as he looked through his things like a little kid at a candy store, except Taehyung put everything back exactly as it was before, which eased Jungkook's nerves a little bit. He was constantly terrified that someone would come in and completely destroy his apartment. Everything has to stay perfect. Just as it was now.

Taehyung's smile was present as he flipped through a second sketchbook. Wide eyed as he examined pictures of flowers and various types of people. If only he knew that he was Jungkook's inspiration for that newest painting. What would he think?

The colors he used on this new painting represented how he felt before and after he met Taehyung.
Blue: when he was crying in the bathroom and hiding from the outside world of judgment and discrimination.
Pink: when they were walking home and Jungkook felt so happy that someone appreciated him as an artist and a person.
And the black square was for Taehyungs perfect geometric smile that seemed to always be seen on his face. Taehyung was his new muse. But Jungkook was worried it might one day become something more.

Yes, Taehyung was attractive, and nice, and had a lovely personality, and was just perfect all around, but Jungkook still hadn't seen him in an intimate way, and he didn't really want to. He had only known him for 2 days and liked this friendship so far. He wanted Taehyung to be nothing more than a fan-made-friend.

"I want to show you something," Jungkook said, opening the door to his bedroom. Taehyung looked at him confused at first but followed him inside the darkened room