Chapter Three

For the rest of the week, I tried avoiding Vince as much as I could, stopped reading his texts and picking up his calls. Well, fortunately for me I'll be resuming work this week and Stephanie would be back to town anytime soon. You should tell Stephanie about my weird date with Vince, no. I promised Stephanie I would help her arrange her apartment before she returns to Atlanta. I managed to get out of bed, showered, got dressed, packed my hair into a ponytail. I raced for the car, I had to arrange Stephanie's place before she gets back, she's been gone for long there was enough time for me.
As I pulled up outside Stephanie's apartment, I knew she would be home anytime soon. I dashed out of the car hoping that I would be able to do the basic cleaning before she gets home.
Surprisingly much work wasn't required, I finished on time.
I was about sitting down on the sofa when Stephanie opened the door. "Hey" I said as I quickly assessed her dress, she wore a denim shirt with a red skater skirt which showed her hot intimidating legs. Yes she always looks that hot. She hugged me
"I missed you so much" she said still hugging me, the hug was already becoming uncomfortable.
"I missed you too darling. " Still trying to break free. Finally she released me.
"thank you for helping me with my place, I owe you. "
I shrugged, and continued assessing her looks, She's so perfect.
"I'm really exhausted, I need to rest" she said
"yes you should, would you like sandwiches? "
" yes please"
"Okay I'll help you make some before going."
I helped her with the sandwiches and left, I was happy that Stephanie was back.
I should really tell Stephanie about Vince, our weird dates and the weird feelings I'm getting.
But no I won't, she's going to go against it instantly, I really don't know why she hates him. Never felt this way for a guy before. She wants me in a relationship, telling her might change the way she sees him. I mean Vince is not someone to hate.

Friday night, I laid on my bed thinking about what to do, I decided to call Stephanie. I picked my phone, I  already had 6 messages from Vince. I could tell  that he was bothered, does he really care that much? I opened the messages
*Jade, I'm sorry, I really am*
*say something Jay*
*you're not picking up my calls. Hope you're fine*
*Good morning*
*I know I shouldn't have tried kissing you, it's the stupidest thing.  I'm sorry*
*not like I don't want to kiss you or something, I want to, I would love to... Just trying to say, it was really stupid of me to try and kiss you without you approving. I'm sorry*

I smiled knowing that he obviously cares about me and the nickname 'jay', I wanted to text him back so badly but I decided I would have to talk to Steph first.

My mum really wants me in a relationship, Stephanie wants me in one too. The last relationship I was in was a mess, I was in love with Adam, I felt everything was going fine but then he broke up with me for my friend. Maybe I just haven't found the right person yet, Like in the movies, that perfect man for me. I can not hide from my feelings anymore, I like Vince.
I dialed Stephanie's number, she answered on the first ring like she was expecting the call.
"Jade, I was about calling you"
Okay that explains it.