Chapter Twenty-two

My mum and I talked for hours.

"look I know how difficult it is, but then you can not just give up now..and for some reasons I feel you should give Vince a chance. Goodbye love"

Give Vince a chance? Not now, not anytime soon.

I said to myself before closing my eyes to sleep.

I woke up to the sound of my phone, it was a text message from Vince

Good morning, how was your night? I know things are not easy right now ...I just want you to know that you can talk to me. See you later.

I ignored the message and went straight to the bathroom. I needed to eat but time was not on my side, I had left work before closing hours the day before and so going late would be me looking for my boss's trouble. I decided to call Stephanie to help me get something on her way

"Babe, thank you for not calling to checkup on me. I don't have time to talk now, just get me something to eat on your way" I said and hung up immediately. As I drove I began to remember all my mum had said .

I stopped in front of a glass building, my work place. I picked up by pink louis vuitton bag and moved towards the entrance. In the elevator, I could see a reflection of me, I looked breath taking in my white peplum dress and pink heels, even I could tell. Magically my confidence increased...abracadabra, I am ready for the day.

"Where is it?" I asked Stephanie as soon as she walked towards me with no prologue, realizing the fact that I sounded like a boss made me smile.

"Where is what? What are you talking about?" She replied arching her brows

"Please not now, I am hungry. You didn't call to checkup on me yesterday, do not even tell me you forgot to get me something to eat on your way."

"I am sorry I didn't call yesterday and you didn't ask me to get you something" she said looking confused

"but I called..."

If I didn't call Steph then who did I call?

I picked up my phone and checked my call log and it was then that I realized I had called Vince instead of Stephanie.

"Oh no" still looking down at my phone

" I think I should go now" Steph said and I looked up to find Vince standing next to her. Why does she hate him so much?

"Hey, I got you something"

"You shouldn't have. It was a mistake..."

"It is fine" he winked and passed it.

Flushing, i said "thank you"

He left and I was left alone with my subconscious mocking me as usual....