The Confusing Truth

Hayden followed the two boys down the hallway and waited till they were in the boys locker room to press her ear against the door.
"Liam, what's wrong?" Scott asked.
"Nothing." Liam replied.
"Don't lie, I can hear your heartbeat. Ken wouldn't have texted me if everything was fine."
After a few moments Liam decided it was better to talk than stand in awkward silence any longer.
"Someone's back." Liam confessed.
"What do you mean someone's back? Who?" Scott questioned.
"This girl that I knew. I really liked her. Like really liked her and then in sixth grade I accidentally punched her in the face. Now she hates me and I know she is going to give me hell."
"Have you tried apologising?"
"When it happened I did but she didn't want anything to do with me. I never saw her again after that."
"Maybe you could try apologising again. But that's not all is it?"
"No."
"What else is going on?"
"I don't know how to tell Mason.... everything."
"Do you want me to help you?"
"Would you? I just don't know how to explain werewolves and banshees and kitchens and assassins and all that other supernatural stuff we deal with."
"Don't worry, I'll help you. It's always better when they know."
Hayden thought this whole thing was a joke. Werewolves? Are they crazy? She has to find out what their game is. Her sister is a cop so she must be able to spy somehow. Hayden will know Liam's secrets. Even if it kills her.