Chapter four

Natsumi threw a ball aggressively at the net. She was extremely pissed at the moment. She cursed when the ball missed the net and bounced back to hit her square in the forehead. Natsumi with a hand on her forehead walked over and plopped down on the bleachers.

"Captain are you ok?" Jet said walking over with her best friend Droya next to her. Natsumi grabbed her water bottle and took a big glug. She wiped her mouth. "I'm fine." She said rubbing her head.

"You sure? We can have Bix or Gray step in for the day." Natsumi wiped her mouth with the back of her arm. "I told you I'm fine." Natsumi said pulling her pigtails tighter roughly.

She stomped out onto court only to  be hit in the face by a ball, again. "Son of a-" she said walking back to the bleachers with her hand over her eye. She plopped down on the bleachers and held an ice pack to her face.

A girl with sandy blond hair walked over. "Hey Sumi-chan, what's wrong?" she said sitting down next to her. Natsumi looked at her. "I'm fine." She said looking away. "And don't put 'chan' after my name." Natsumi said right before the clock dinged signaling practice was over.

"Alright everyone! We got a big game next weekend so practice up!" Natsumi said before she picked up her bag and walked into the locker room to get changed. After Natsumi changed she plugged in her earbuds and blasted Masayume Chasing by: BoA.

As she walked home she ran into Lisano. "Oh hey, Li what's up?" She said pulling one of her earbuds out.

"Hey 'Sumi." Lisano said he scratched the back of his neck. "What's up?" He said his cheeks pink. Natsumi looked at him with a confused look. "You ok Li?" She said reaching up and putting her hand on his forehead. Lisano's face turned redder and he gently brushed her hand away. "I'm fine! I-uh gotta go!" He said running away. Natsumi watched him run away with a confused look on her face. She shrugged and plugged her earbuds back in and headed home.

Lucas was at the library reading a book. But all he could think about was how annoyed he was at Natsumi. He gritted his teeth and threw his book down. Levi looked up at him with a confused look.
"You ok man?"
"No! Ugh! I'm so annoyed about frickin Natsumi and her being assigned to be my frickin partner!"

Levi sighed and put his book down.
"Dude it's ok it'll be over before you know it."
Luc slumped back in his chair and put his hand to his forehead.
"I hope so."