Chapter 12: Seungcheol's Story

SeungAh POV

"The higher the better." Seungcheol said.

There's something wrong with him today. He won't take the risks and ditch class. Plus he would never let me jump down from the rooftop of a building, rope or no rope.

"Oppa. Look at me. Are you okay?" I cupped his face into my hands. Tip toeing so I can be at his eye-level. He looked at me, all confused.

"What? I'm perfectly fine." He chuckled.

"You'd never let me jump down from a building. Not to mention you told me to skip class. You're definitely not okay."

"I SAID I'M FINE!" He shouted. Each word came out like a cannon bring dropped onto a castle, or Eren turning into a titan.

"No. You are not." I called Jeonghan. "Jeonghan, Seungcheol is being weird right now. He wants to jump from the rooftop. Bring the whole group too. Plus your sister. And don't forget Ren."

"Okay. Just wait a few minutes." He said then hung up.

About 3 minutes later, an unfamiliar jet flew up the rooftop. Ren came out of it, and immediately ran to my side.

"Yah Coups, are you stupid? You're trying to kill yourself AND your sister. You want to jump down from a 9 story building with a five foot rope?!" Jeonghan yelled at him.

Right after that, Seungcheol broke down. He hugged me and then started crying. A sob filled with regret and pain so sad I started to weep too.

"Mianhae. Really. I was so stressed out and tired of all the pressure put on me in the company, so I wanted to end my life. But I was being a coward, a jerk, and a loser, so I dragged you along with me." He cried. "You almost died along with me."

"It's okay. You didn't die. I didn't die either." I pat his back. He continued to cry on my shoulder.

"But I tried to kill you! My own sister...I don't deserve to live."

"Everyone here deserves to live. Even the most cowardly of people deserve to live. They have their own reasons too, but if they're just a coward for no reason, they don't deserve to live." I chuckled. He still didn't stop crying.

"I tried to kill you..."

"I didn't die, nor I was about to die, did I? So stop crying, and let's go home."

"I'll come with you." Ren chimed in. "I can't really trust anyone anymore after what almost happened to you."

"See? Even your own boyfriend doesn't like me anymore." He pouted.

"He doesn't like you. He loves you."

*********

"Oh and Choi SeungAh, not a word about what happened today? Okay?" He said.

"Okay. I wasn't planning to anyway."

"Good. I'll send you to the hospital if you do."

"Flattered."