08 | help

08

h e l p

Time comes to a standstill, as I look at Alyssa, her eyes narrowed and scanning the sheet of paper. She looks up at me, and she's fuming.

This is it. This is the end. We haven't even started and we've got busted. I don't know whether to cry and beg her to let me go, or just to accept what is going to happen to us.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She hisses. She quickly walks forward to the bathroom door and locks it. She turns around to look at me. "Are you trying to get yourself killed, Lyra?"

"Uh... N-no." I look down at my fingers and see them shaking so much. I'm positively shivering with fear.

She looks at me angrily. "Have you not learnt anything, all these years? Even that day when your car was going to get crushed, you could have just moved back. I told you to."

I nod, in a scared manner.

"You don't mess with Mikaela, foolish girl. You saw the consequences of standing up to her." She looks down at the paper. "Whatever you've planned, don't do it. This is going to bring more trouble to you." She hands me the paper and I gratefully receive it. "Look, I like the fact that you've finally decided to grow a spine and stand up for yourself, but this -" she points to the paper. "Is stupidity. Pure stupidity and anyone involved in this plan will get hell for the rest of their high school life."

Now I understand. She's not going to tell Mikaela about me. Instead she's warning me. She's telling me not to do it.

I take a deep breath. "We've already been getting hell, anyway. All our life, we've been getting hell from all of you." I fold the paper, and shove it far down my pocket. "I appreciate your concern, but we're going to proceed with this plan."

She looks at me like I'm mad. "Look, my boyfriend just broke up with me. I've got my own problems to face, so I really can't be helping you anymore. Just don't blame me, when it all comes falling down." She turns to leave, but however she stops at the bathroom door. "And change your meeting spot to some other classroom. Don't always meet up in the chess club classroom. Mikalea's getting suspicious of your behavior."

"She knows!?" I ask in a hollow voice.

"Mikaela knows everything," she says as she shuts the bathroom door.

XxX XxX XxX XxX

I'm very nervous as the first plan is about to set off in action. I'm one hundred percent positive that I want to go ahead with Alpha, irrespective of Alyssa's warning yesterday, but I'm still afraid for everyone taking part. I don't want them getting the backlash for my plan.

Nevertheless, I step into the seniors' classroom. They have physics, and I don't even belong in this class, as I'm a year younger than all of them, but Liam told me that he's convinced that his teacher, Mr. Witterson, is partially blind.

I take a seat at the very back, with Liam. He places a hand on mine to calm me down, and I take in large breath. We're fine. We're okay. Nothing is going to happen.

Well apart from bullying the bullies - nothing bad will happen.

Mr. Winters on walks in, and the class begins. I can actually see how the popular people are seated to one side, and the nerds, and the rest of the class to the other.

Just as we had assumed when we planned Alpha, a few minutes after the class has started Mr. Witterson asks if anyone can come up to the board and write some specific equation. I don't understand most of what's happening here because as it is, I'm not very good at academics, and plus this is one year advanced for me.