Accidents Happen

Sookie sipped the coffee in her hands. She had stumbled upon a late night cafe that was open at all hours of the night. She readily accepted the caffeine the drink provided.

What a night, her thoughts kept on repeating.

Her body was shaking still from the thrill of it all. If only she used her telepathy - her gift it would have made all the difference.

Cursing herself inwardly for her stupid self made promise to not use her powers while here.

Setting the coffee filled cup back on the table she was sitting at and fumbling with the necklace she had on around her neck.

The charmed necklace that Holly had charmed to suppress the blood ties she had with Eric and Bill before she left the heated town of Bon Temps of Louisiana.

As long as she had the necklace around her neck then her location and her feelings would remain hidden from them.

She was worried, yes, but not worried enough to remove the necklace and have the two overbearing vampires stomp right back into her life. This trip was all about the freedom she had regained after leaving her hometown. The trip was for her. To find out who she really was without any other there to control how she lived.

The night was still young as she silently gazed out the window of the small coffee shop. She could do whatever she wanted. Although the night had drained most of the energy she once had after the experience at club Chaos.

Intending on heading back to her hotel she stood up. Dispensing the coffee cup in a nearby trash and calling for a cab once she exited the coffee shop. Not waiting long until one arrived - opening the door and placing herself inside it.

"Where to Madame?" An Italian accented man who seemed to be in his early twenties asked once she got in. She replied with the name of her hotel as she felt the vehicle move.

She sighed.

She had been through a lot. Experienced a lot with: Vampires, Witches, Werewolves, and Shifters.

Her crazy hometown sure kept her on her toes and in very high stake situations. She didn't know if it was just her or the actions she chose to do that led her here right now. She always knew she was different then most. With her telepathy - she had been judged ever since she could remember. Her own parents feared her. That left a morbid feeling within her.

The driver had taken a different route to the hotel but it was fine with Sookie giving her that extra sense of adventure in her new role of wanting to experience more.

She glanced upwards to the night sky which was filled with dots of starlight lightening up the shadowed sky of darkness.

The stars being the last thing she saw before her body jerked suddenly - out from her seat - feeling the car swerve out of control and her body being forced out of the tumbling car.

She didn't know what happened.

All she knew was she was the pain that ignited through out her body. She tried to move, "Ah!" She groaned in pain -glass shards were imbedded in her arms and legs. Smelling the metallic aroma of her blood she swallowed she was going to die.

"Help!" She croaked her voice was weak. She knew no one could hear her. Her eyes traveling to the lifeless corpse of the taxi driver a few feet from her as the driver was still in the taxi hanging upside down. She veered her eyes to a different direction not really wanting to see the gruesome scene.

A snap of a broken branch had her head twitch to the right of her. Moving her arm upwards as her hand touched the edges of her necklace around her throat. Holding it tightly to her chest knowing if it was someone or something she could at least alert the two vampires that shared a blood tie with her to feel her in her final moments. 

A figure clad in black - with hair of starlight - and lilac eyes stared back at her. She blinked remembering him as her savior from the club. What was he doing here? She thought.

"What are you?" He demanded his voice leaking with desire. His form had rapidly appeared beside her broken body. She heard the familiar 'snap' of fangs protruding out of her savior's mouth. She should of known being normal was just too overrated. She gulped and answered,

"I'm a waitress. "