12 | Secrets

‘Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead’ is what Benjamin Franklin in his book, Poor Richard's Almanack, which means that anything can only be kept a secret if one person— and one person alone, knows it.

If you read the text, you can quickly understand the meaning of it. Two or three people can't keep a secret, unless they don't exist anymore, and only one's remaining.

Because a secret can't be called a secret if two or more people know it.

This applies to our place since if you look at it, this group of people. . . the whole fraction of my classmates is just one until I came in this place. I'm still new and they haven't trusted me yet, which is enough to say that I'm just an outcast in this group.

And there are two persons in this room.

One for their group— the whole fraction of my classmates because they know what's happening in this place. And the other one for me, who just reached this place, thinking that I'll be living a peaceful life inside those tall gates made of gold and that forest behind. Turns out, I won't.

Come to think of it. I've only realized something, at how we're surrounded as if being caged, our destiny is being chained inside. I know that they couldn't use the main gate to escape if they wanted to— the reason why they remained in this place. And especially that they can't use the forest because they will only get lost along the journey, from how wide it is.

How frustrating it is to be locked up inside a place where you wanted to escape? 

I don't know.

Maybe I would only know what they feel once I speak to one of them, but I also know that I just couldn't talk to any one of them.

Ang kailangan ko ay iyong tao na makukuha ko ang loob. . . at iyon ay tumama sa lalaking nakaupo sa likod ng aking upuan pagkabukas ko ng pinto sa aming silid aralan.

Nakasandal ito sa kanyang upuan habang nakahalukipkip, pinapanood ang aking pagpasok gamit ang inaantok niyang mga mata. Nakaangat ang kanyang paa sa kanyang mesa tulad ng nakagawian. He looks as if he was awoken by the sound of opening of the door that I looked into my chair and headed that way.

I am right after all. Neithan Sebastian is always been the first one to come to class even though I always see him sleeping on his desk and doesn't listen to our professor. In those days ever since I've reached this place, that's what I've noticed— that he's always the first one to come in this place before anyone do, which I think has a connection to his roommate, or maybe in their room. I don't know.

“You're early,” I heard him whispered, watching my move as I just threw him some side glance before I pulled my chair to sit.

“You too,” Wika ko bago tumalikod at umupo, ibinaba ang aking bitbit sa aking tabi at tsaka humalukipkip. Hindi ko maiwasang mapahikab at tumingin na lamang sa harapan.

Even I wanted him to trust me, I just shouldn't openly tell him everything I'm planning to do, and vice versa.

Dahil sa oras na magsimula akong lumapit sa kanya ay mahahalata nitong may kailangan ako.

This Neithan Sebastian, despite his delinquent looks due to his piercings and his hairstyle, I know that this is just his disguise. This one is genius yet he's hiding it by doing things that people might change their views once they see him. An intelligent way to disguise. Be a delinquent.

And after all, it's a human's nature to be curious, and I'll be using that. If I remained mysterious to them, I don't have to go to them because I am a hundred percent sure that they will be the ones to come at me.

“Hey,” I heard him said for a while.

I didn't answer, instead, I opened my history book and started reading on it. If I remembered it right, our male professor said that we'll have a quiz today, and I haven't studied at all.

Thankfully, he didn't pester me as I continued reading at my textbook, and once I was about to change the page when I heard him spoke.

“Have you ever wonder about Robert?” He whispered so low yet my ears still reached it. I halted from what I am doing, as I sighed heavily and answer him.

“I do, but if I asked you, would you answer me?” I said as I continued flipping the page. I heard him chuckled at my back before his answer quickly got my attention.

“Try me,” I smirked. No one's in front of me after all.

As I removed any expression in my face before I sat down straight, closed the book, before turning my back to face him, my gaze welcomed his arrogant smirk as if he's expecting that he would get my attention with that answer.

Well, he did.

“Then, where is his body?” I said coldly without removing my gaze from his eyes. I asked this because I won't believe that he's dead if I won't see his body with my two eyes.

Especially when every time I think about him, the image of the silhouette earlier would enter my gaze.

His amused expression was replaced with something I couldn't read. “Anything other than that,” He said so cold, as right now, he seemed to mimic my expression— cold and deadly, especially looking through his eyes, all I could see was them being lifeless.

“Why?” My eyes turned slits as I suddenly became alert. Why. . . why do every time I'm asking them about something I wanted to learn, all they do was to avoid it like plague and let me discover it by myself?

Because truth to be told, it's fucking annoying.

If only they would tell me straight, then maybe I wouldn't be this frustrated, the only one oblivious about things when all of them, I mean, every fucking one of them knows what's happening already!

And in this silent room, as the wind outside from the opened window came swooshing inside the room, as it whispered in my ears. I remained looking straight in those pair of cobalt eyes which is darker than the eyes of Guinevere which seemed to be light blue.

And just like how I stared at him, he's looking at me too as if we're in some kind of staring contest until he blew a heavy sigh before he averted his gaze. He even put down his feet that are on the table and sits down straight.

“It's connected into something that we couldn't say,” He whispered while avoiding my gaze.