Logical Fallacies

While many creationists adopt their views at a young age, the sad fact remains that many of them will never grow out of it. They will keep this dogmatic illness with them well into adulthood, and even though the men and women themselves will grow and mature, the arguments for their creationist values will remain stagnant and childish. Creationists will attempt to use the most fallacious arguments in their favor and will do so openly, typically without realizing their own faulty reasoning. They will claim that their parents or elders believed as they do (appeal to authority) and that plenty of other people believe it as well (argumentum ad populum). Of course, the fact that people believe in something does not make their beliefs realistic or rational, and the creationists know this. Creationist apologists have plenty of other arguments to be spat at random-- irreducible complexity, red herrings, the mistrust of science-- but in the end, any mindful and attentive person knows that every one of these arguments are basic logical fallacies.

When these arguments are dusted off, what remains is the core of the entire intelligent design: argumentum ad ignorantiam, an argument from ignorance. This argument is the embodiment of intellectual suicide. To keep it short, their final and most important argument is as follows; "I don't understand how this universe could have come into existence, and because of that, I will choose to believe that someone else of infinite power did it." Just let that sink in. How incredibly arrogant and simple-minded it is to say that, because one is not equipped enough to grasp any given concept, they get to make up their own explanation. How dare these people think it normal to say that they know better than mathematics and investigation, how dare they try to promote their fallacious claims as equal to the physical sciences, and above all else, how dare they force their own personal brand of idiocy upon the minds of children. These people essentially breed their children for ignorance, the worst disease of all, and yet they feel no remorse for it.