Children and Creationism

While on the subject of children, it is worth mentioning the motives behind the creationists push to include intelligent design into schools. Why on earth would they put so much focus on making their views a mandatory subject for youth to study? If their cause is so just and beautiful, then why is it not enough to try and persuade fully developed adults? Their goal is painstakingly obvious. They desire a medium that will trust their authority, a host that is soft and easy to mold. Those against the creationist movement will often say that they desire to deceive children. However, to say that the goal of their campaign is deception is nothing short of a grave understatement. They are not simply trying to fool these children, they are trying to make fools out of these children. They are trying to instill the dark and manipulative idea of blind trust in authority while they are still young, tearing away at their brains while they are not developed enough to ask any of the right questions. A first world nation in the 21st century does not reach 42% scientific ignorance because a group tries to push their ill-founded mockery of reality onto educated adults. No, for something as problematic as the uneducated condition the united states is facing, it is essential that defenceless and trusting little children be made the vessels of stupidity. Many Americans may accept the creationist viewpoint as their own, but only a child, fresh meat for these heartless deniers of reality, would ever believe it without any skepticism when it was first forced onto them.