Chapter 3

JACKS POV

We parked in the parking lot of my uncle's house. He looked over at me and asked, "Are you gonna be staying in the dorms when college starts?"

"Yeah, I think so. What better way to make friends." I replied.

He laughed, "Yeah. I remember college those were some good days." He said while opening the car door. So I opened mine and got out of the car and grabbed my bag that was on the floorboards before I shut it again.

I turned around to see the house and I gotta say that it was pretty big. "This is your house?" I asked.

He laughed, "Yes, it is. I'm a lawyer." I stood in shock and looked at him with my wide blue eyes and he saw me and said, "What, do you think I was kidding?"

"No, I just never struck you to be a lawyer." By the time he had already gotten my suitcases from the trunk if his car.

"C'mon inside and I'll show you where you'll be staying for the summer." I followed him towards the house.

Once I walked inside I couldn't believe my eyes. I always thought my uncle would be that one uncle who lives in a apartment and eat pizza every night. He was the opposite of that. His house was nice and clean and smelt really good.

I was looking around and I heard a womens voice behind me. "Is this your nephew John?" I turned around to see a young women still in her PJ's.

"Yes. This is Sean, but he prefers Jack." My uncle replied to her.

"Hi, Jack. It's so good to finally meet you. Your uncle has told me a lot about you." She seems nice. I looked around the house again 'No wonder why the house is this clean.' I thought to myself.

"Jack-" my uncle caught my attention.

"Oh, yeah hi. Uh, nice to meet you too. What's your name by the way?" I asked in a non-creepy way.

"Oh, my name is Melissa and your uncle's wife." She answered with this most creepy smile.

A phone started to ring. It wasn't mine. It was coming from my uncle's pocket. He took out his phone from his pocket and then looked at his wife and said "Hey, Melissa. Can you show where Jack will be staying?" She nodded. "Thanks." He said to her while giving her a peck on the cheek.

Melissa and I started walking in the other direction and I looked back at my uncle and he looks upset over something. We soon reached at a closed door at the end of the hallway. Melissa opened the door and said, "This is where you'll be staying." She put my suitcases on top of the bed and I didn't even notice she grabbed them.

"Thank you." I said. She gave me a weak smile and walked away.

I walked in the room and shut the door behind me. I sat on my bed and took out my phone to call my parents.

I dialed my parents home phone and called. It was ringing. It felt like ages. Then it went to voicemail. "You've reached the McLoughlin's, but we couldn't pick up the phone right now. Please leave a message and we'll get in touch as soon as we can. Bye." It was my mothers voice.

I heard a beep, telling my to leave a message. "Hey, ma. It's me, Jack. I just wanted to call and say I am here in California. I am safe with Uncle John. And get this, he's a lawyer and he has a wife. But uh I just wanted to call just to tell you I was safe. So, bye. I love and miss you guys." I hit the end button.

Flopping on the bed wondering what to do. I jumped out of bed and ran out of the room. Walking into the kitchen and my uncle was off the phone. I walked up to him and asked him if there was a park around here.

"Um, yeah. There is one a couple of blocks away from here. You plan on leaving?" He asked.

"Yeah. I just, you know wanna check this place out." I told him.

"Well, alright. Be back soon in time for dinner alright. Seven o'clock." He said and practically shoving me out the door.

-at the park-

Looking around seeing all the couples holding hands and kids running around playing. It felt good to be in another atmosphere. There was a bench that was open and it also had the perfect veiw of the park, so I went over to sit down.

Sitting there and feeling the breeze almost felt like home. I could get used to this.

After a couple if minutes of peace and quiet I saw a man walking up to the other side of the bench and sat down. I took a glance at him. He wore glasses and had these chocolate brown eyes. His hair was my favorite, it was dyed this bright red. Almost like mine, but it was green. He looked over my direction and our eyes met. I soon felt my face start to burn up.

"Um, I-I'm sorry." I mummbled while staring down at the ground.

"Hmm? Are you talking to me?" He said. His deep and nice voice sounds familiar. It seems like he doesn't know what I'm talking about.

"Forget about it." I said looking up at him.

"I like your hair. It's very green." He said smiling.

"Thanks. And same to you, but it's very red." I said and we both started laughing. He laugh was calming, I could listen to it for ages.

"I'm Mark." He told me.

"I'm Sean, but prefer Jack." I told him. It seemed like all he did was smile.

-after a while-

I checked my watch to see what time it was and it said '6:47'.

"HOLY SHIT I'M GONNA BE LATE!" I said jumping off the bench. Mark looked really confused. "Um, sorry Mark. Uh, I gotta go. It was nice meeting you. Bye." I told him and I started running back home so I wouldn't be late. I felt bad for leaving Mark without saying why I left, but I couldn't be late, who knows what my uncle would do.

~Hey! Thank you so much for who ever is reading my story. I really love making it. Tell me what you think and I'll keep on making them. Bye!~