Part 2

Baekhyun POV

I followed my parents into the living room. I remembered coming here a few times from before. Apparently, my parents were business partners with these people. But instead of seeing two people, there were three, whom I had to greet. An unfamiliar girl had her head turned around, the woman, who I had met a couple of times, fixing her hair. She quickly turned around, just too quick for me to see her face.

"Nice to meet you, Mr Byun, Mrs Byun." she said.

"And their son, Baekhyun." my mom added.

She quickly bowed again, this time staying there. What was wrong with her?, I wondered.

She stood up straight again, and I could see her face. Wait, this girl looked familiar, I thought to myself. Wasn't she from my college?

Jieun POV

Baekhyun? Didn't that mean the popular guy from the party?

I didn't realise I was still bowing until my mom patted me on the back. I stood up, feeling as shocked as ever. As expected, when Baekhyun saw my face, he looked surprised. And definitely not in the good way. The Byun family sat on the couch with my parents and me across them. I avoided Baekhyun's gaze, and hoping all this would be over soon.

"...yes..so, where should we start....Mr Byun?" my mom said. She touched my shoulder, indicating that I should be listening.

"Many things have been happening to our company." Mr Byun started slowly. Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"And most of them haven't been good things, so we have been in quite a troubled state." he continued.

"Yea, well, what has that got to do with us?" Baekhyun said.

Mr and Mrs Byun looked at my parents, who nodded back.

"We have agreed to join hands in the business industry." my mom said.

"But in order to do this formally, you two...." Mrs Byun trailed off.

"We want you two to get married." my mom finished off.

"What!?" Baekhyun and I said at the same time. We looked at each other and looked at each other with as much disgust as we could. I turned to my mom.

"Mum....you're just kidding with us, right?" I said. "I mean, I'm not even old enough to marry."

"Jieun, you're 20 now. And we have already decided everything."

"Mom-"

My mom simply turned her head around and began talking to my dad.

Baekhyun POV

"Mom!" I loudly whispered "I'm not marrying that girl. You know I'm dating Sora already."

"Darling, you have to understand that you will be the one looking after the company, once your father retires."

"No, mom, I'm going to look after any business or whatever, I-"

"Sora. That girl is older than you for one. And number two, her parents work in a completely differently field from us. Their mining company isn't going to do much help for us, even if we did talk them into working with us."

"But-"

"Baekhyun, please cooperate." my mom said. I could already tell the impatience in her voice. That had meant enough. I sighed in frustration.

Jieun POV

I felt like crying. Why do I have such parents?, I asked myself.

"It's only a marriage ceremony, reception and a house." Mr Byun explained.

I looked up.

"Sorry.... what house?" I asked as politely as I could.

"You and Baekhyun will be living in a house together, from tomorrow."

Mrs Byun took out forms for us to sign. I read the terms of the contract and threw it at the table. Un-lady like but what else could I do to show my anger and disapproval?

My mom straightened the thick pile of papers and handed the pen to me. I skimmed through the contents again. Wait... This was to only last 6 months? I felt a bit of weight come off my shoulders.

"Its just for 6 months?" I asked my mom.

"Yes, after that, well, you two can quietly go your own ways." Mrs Byun explained, as though she heard me asking.

I sniffed a bit and grabbed the pen from my mom's hand. I'd signed the contract and placed it back on the table. Baekhyun did the same.

"Well, that's that then." my dad said.

"Yes, we shall get going." Mr Byun said, as he stood up. He grabbed his coat from the hook and walked towards the door with Mrs Byun and Baekhyun following behind.

We nodded as they exited the front door. Then my dad closed the door.

"Jieun, it's going to be alright. We won't force you to do anymore than this." my mom attempted to comfort me.

"No, mum, right now isn't the time to be comforting me. And it's not going to be alright." I said quickly before stomping upstairs to my room.

I wasn't even bothered to change. I washed my face and went straight to bed.