Chapter Twenty-Three - Epilogue

A/N: So this is gonna be the last chapter! Crazy i know, it's been a bumpy ride but this is officially the end of the likely lads and drunk on you. :( 

Dean (POV) 

A date. Just one day. That's all I needed with Cas if he agreed. When I asked him, he was reluctant at first, twitching slightly and shuffling his feet, but I finally persuaded him enough to get him to agree. 

I decided to do it properly. To pick him up from his house and take him out somewhere nice. However the only problem was that I couldn't go and knock on the door and have one of his family answer. They would just slam it back in my face. So I text him instead and told him i was outside.

Cas (POV)

"Where are you off too looking all dapper?" Lucifer asks, coming out of the kitchen. He didn't even live here, he just came for the food. 

"Nowhere of import." I reply with a faint smile ghosting my lips.

"Ooooh! You're going on a date!" He exclaims loudly and I put my fingers to my lips to get him to quieten down, but it was too late. 

"A date?!" Mom came out of the living room and looked me up and down. "You're dressed up a bit too smart to be going on some old date. Who is it with?" She asks and i sigh and roll my eyes.

"Does it really matter?" I snap at her and fold arms over my chest.

"Did you know that Dean is parked just across the street?" Lucifer's sickly sweet voice came from by the kitchen window and he looked at me with a smirk and an eyebrow wiggle. I glare at him and shake my head angrily.

"What?!" Anna exclaims and storms over to the window, looking out. I peer over her shoulder at Dean who was hitting his hands on the steering wheel in time to some music he was playing in the car and singing along with it. Mom turns back around to me and looks at me seriously. 

"It's just one date." I say in defeat and she sighs and shakes her head.

"Cas, listen-"

"No. You listen. Dean and I are still married whether you like it or not. And i just think that it would be stupid if we didn't at least try to make our marriage work at all. Please just trust me on this, mom. Trust that I wouldn't let him hurt me like that again. At the end of the day, i've done bad things to him to. I'm not perfect either."

Anna pursed her lips and nodded her head slowly, stepping out of the way of the kitchen door and gesturing to it.

"Well, you better go then. I wouldn't want you to be late." She says in a soft voice which seems kind of weird coming out of her mouth because she was normally a very abrupt person. I smile slightly at her and nod my head.

"It's just one date." I whisper, it was more to myself then to her however but she nods once again nonetheless. 

I make a move towards the door and open to step out to the front of the house. At the sight of movement, i see Dean look up from the stereo and quickly get out of the car at the sight of me, a huge smile on his face. I couldn't help it, his smile was contagious so as i walked up to him a big smile plastered my own face.

"Hello you." He says.

"Hello you." I reply.

"Are you ready to paint the town blue and green?"

"I was born ready." I whisper and I close my eyes as he leans down to kiss my mouth gently. 

Dean (POV) *two months later*

We were starting off slowly. Cas didn't want to rush into anything and I didn't blame him, especially after everything I put him through. The kids were thrilled though, especially because we were hanging out as a family again and they could see how happy we both were.