Chapter Ten - Sabriel

Cas (POV)

I was worried about Dean, he seemed so off since the meal or the 'nearly' meal with his bosses family. I try to help as much as i can but he just doesn't seem to want it. He doesn't seem to even want me around. He locks himself in his study without a word and doesn't come out for hours at a time.

He doesn't go to bed until i'm already fast asleep either and when i wake up in the morning he's either already gone to work or downstairs about to leave the house. He hasn't kissed me in days and it hurts me to think that perhaps all the crap that's been happening with Emily and his boss lately is getting to his head.

"Hey my little munch-kins!" Sam cheered as he walked into the house and knelt down on is knees for the kids to tackle him. I smile warming and lean against the hallway door, watching him. He looks up at me but the smile drops from his face. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. How are you? Im fine." I say quickly and he rolls his eyes and stands back up as the kids cling to his long legs.

"Cas, what has been happening with you and my brother this time?" He asks, stomping towards me and trying to lift the kids up high so he can actually move.

"Nothing, Sam." I sigh and rub my forehead. We enter the living room and i offer to make him a cup of tea while he plays with the kids for a while. When i come back in the living room he sits down next to me and i hand him the tea.

"Alright, what's been going on? I know there is something" Sam asks seriously as the kids wrestle with one another.

"I don't know, Sam. Dean just seems so off. It all started when he got a new attractive assistant and then she kissed him and then we went to dinner with his boss and the bosses wife and she said some things which weren't exactly appropriate and Dean got bad. Ever since then he hasn't even been speaking to me. He stays at the office late and only goes to bed after i'm already asleep. If we do end up being in the house together at one point he either takes an hour long shower and locks himself up in his study. I don't know what to do. He's distancing himself from me. Not the kids, he still plays with them and brings them up but me... he never even... you know.. touches me anymore."

I trail off, realising i was speaking so much and sigh once again, shaking my head and biting my bottom lip while Sam looked at me deeply.

"Just give him some time, Cas. He will come around. You know Dean better than he knows himself sometimes so you know that he bottles things up and doesn't let his feelings show. Just try and talk to him about it. Draw it out of him and he will probably tell you."

Sam's advice actually made me feel a lot better. It made me think that just talking to Dean had always solved our problems in the past, so that is all i needed to do. Talk to him.

Sam (POV)

I left Castiel's a few hours after my chat with him and the play with the kids. I tried to visit on weekends so i could see Dean as well but sometimes it was just nice to have Cas there. He seemed really lonely, especially with the way Dean was acting at the moment. I didn't really understand what was happening because Cas had spoken to quickly I understood what Dean was like when he got a bee in his bonnet.

I make my way back to my one bedroom house and sit on the sofa before looking around. It was so quiet living on my own. I had grown up with basically living in such a loud household that i didn't think that i would ever get used to living in the quietness of my own thoughts. I could hear nothing but my own breathing, and maybe a fly buzzing around somewhere. Fucking fly.

"HELLLLOOOOOOO?!?!?!?"

Scratch that. I should have known they were in my house.

"Don't you two have anything better to do?" I ask as Balthazar and Gabriel walk into the living room, carrying basically all of my food in their arms.