.:Epilogue/Alternate Ending:.

Start from the beginning

Everything he was saying, piece by piece, gave me more and more hope.

"So Alysha is currently under arrest and waiting for a sentence," Detective Manson's smug smile revealed how truly proud if himself he was. "It took a long time to find him but, when we questioned Katelynne's ex, he did not hold back. He told us all about his time living with Katelynne and explained about the drinking and drugs and child neglecting."

I did not like him talking about Katelynne like she was alive, because I did not want her to be alive. She deserved the fate she received. And I have learned that my fate is something I can't escape.

"So, Kellin, you're cleared of all of your allegations."

With his words, a faint smile twisted the corners of my lips. Was this it? Was it finally over for me? "What about Vic?" I asked desperately.

"Oh, yes! I didn't completely forget about Vic, and I actually took him in for questioning earlier today. He finally told us that the reason for why he actually wanted to be in jail, which was that he felt responsible for the deaths of his friends. However, just like you, he still has not been given much information. But, we understand that the only reason you ran away, a while back, was because you were fearing for your daughter's life. Everything is okay now."

"Does...does that mean...?" I could barely talk, tears brimming my eyes and resting on my lashes.

"Yes," Detective Manson nodded, not even needing to hear the question, trying his hardest to keep the feelings away from his expression, but his eyes told the whole story of how happy he was for me. "Vic is waiting at the main entrance. Everyone already knows that you're free to go, so they'll be fine with you just walking out, after you sign all papers of course. There will be some legal issues involved, with how you were being imprisoned while innocent, but that can wait. First, go and see your boyfriend. I'm pretty sure he has a surprise for you as well."

I wasted no time and jumped to my feet, before rushing to the door of the room while yelling a loud 'thank you' at the detective. Outside of the room was an officer waiting to escort me, but I sprinted straight past him as I clearly knew the way to the main entrance. This entire mess had been sorted out and I was free. Vic was free. Both of us were free. Oh god, I wanted to see him so badly.

As I raced through the building as fast as I could go, I finally burst into the area which held the reception and main doors of the prison, after confirmation from one of the officers who stood at the door. I was out of breath and my eyes frantically scanned the area, before I finally spotted him, sat on one of the waiting chairs with his head in his hands and a frantically tapping foot. He obviously did not see me, as his eyes were on the floor, but I dove straight for him, knocking us both to the ground while breathing heavily. Vic gasped in shock, but calmed down as soon as he saw that it was me. I did not even care about all of the people who were around to watch as I littered his face with butterfly kisses while holding him as close as possible.

I connected my lips with his as they moved together in desperation. The kiss was so rough and quick and reminded me of how it happened our first time. It was perfect.

I cherished the way he felt against me. How his always warm skin was a huge contrast to my currently cold and pale one. Or how he knew exactly where to place his hands on my body, to make me feel safe and at home. The feeling was unexplainable and I just wanted to take this moment, bottle it up, and keep it forever.

"I missed you so much," I sobbed, the tears of joy falling from my cheeks and onto his shirt, staining it. I buried my face into Vic's chest as I sobbed shamelessly, clinging onto him for dear life. He ran his smooth hands through my tangled hair comfortingly.

"It's okay, babe," he soothed, while holding me just as close, "It's all going to be okay."

Being close to him and knowing that we could finally be together was such an amazing feeling. My best friend now meant so much than just a best friend. It was as if we were trying to make up all of that time apart, in this one moment. It could not get any better. At least that was what I thought...

"I've signed all of the papers that I had to, you've just got a few left. Get it done quickly, she's waiting outside," Vic placed another kiss on my forehead, before slowly guiding me off of him. For a second we just sat together on the floor, giggling at what just happened. But then I actually caught on to his words, and realised what he had said. Who was waiting outside though?

I rushed over to the reception and the lady sitting at the desk gave me a disapproving look, after witnessing Vic and I's reunion. I just winked at her and proceeded go sign what I needed. I was also supposed to receive a box with my belongings, but instead I just rushed away, not caring about any of that very much, and into Vic's arms again. This time, we were standing though.

"Come on, quick, she really wants to see you!" He exclaimed, grabbing my hand and dragging me out of the door.

I did not even have the chance to change into proper clothes or look decent in general, but all of those thoughts were thrown out as soon as I saw her.

This time, the tears just spilled out of my eyes and I sobbed loudly through my awed smile. How? This was impossible! I was certain that she was...then again, the police arrived there pretty much seconds after it happened so I did not get a good look at how bad it was. It seemed awful, back then, but now, seeing her in that cute little wheelchair, with my mother behind her, made it feel like a miracle. Her face glistened with the brightest of grins.

"Daddy!"

I did not waste time in sprinting over to her and lifting her out of the wheelchair, into my arms. I squeezed as tightly as I could, without suffocating her, the waterworks seeming to never stop. I had never been this confused, relieved and elated in my whole life.

"Daddy, why are you crying? Shouldn't you be happy?" The child giggled.

"I am happy. I'm so happy, Cope, you don't even know," I wailed, pinning her to me once again, before turning to my mother with the little girl still in my arms. The only word I could utter to her was, "How?"

"It was a literal miracle," she explained, "if the bullet hit any higher, it would have damaged her important organs, and she probably wouldn't have made it. Luckily, it only hit her left hip. This does, however mean, that she has no feeling in her left leg. I'm sorry."

"Don't be," I replied, turning back to Copeland, "I'm just so happy you're here."

It was not a long time, before Vic joined in, wrapping his arms around me, Copeland between us. My mum would never miss out on a hug, so she obviously came in as well. And we stood there, in a tight embrace of joy and comfort. In that moment, I felt like life could not get any better.

I was wrong about the future. Maybe Vic and I could have our own forever.

The End