.:3:.

It had been two weeks since I stepped into hell and, here I was, making myself at home in the rec room. Once in a while, we get the opportunity to just hang around and watch TV like normal civilised humans, even if we were far from it.

My eyes were glued to the television, with The Shining playing on it (as voted by the vast majority), but I wasn't paying attention. I was more distressed by the pair of orbs boring into the back of my head like a laser.

Vic Fuentes was watching me and it terrified me.

Since the day at the back of the courtyard, Ashley barely mentioned him in conversation and, when I brought him up, the subject was changed within split seconds. Of course, I was grateful of the fact that Ash didn't abandon me yet, but it killed me when I didn't know things. After all, secrets were the reason I was here in the first place. Secrets and lies, and I could tell that Ashley did not want to lie, so he simply avoided things which he had to lie about. It was a good strategy, to be honest.

But back to Vic. I was still unaware of why everyone feared him. It was almost like a huge solar system, with him being the Sun. No one dared come close, afraid of getting burned, preferring to orbit him instead and stay at a safe distance.

To me, he seemed more like a small child trying to act like the tough one. Once, while watching him, I even noticed him looking awfully sorrowful after accidentally stepping on an ant. It was such an interesting sight, considering the fact that everyone here would bow down before him in an instant if he told them to. He just had this intimidating look in his eyes but, once in a while, I got to see it melt. However it was an uncommon sight and it still made my skin crawl every time I saw him use that horrifyingly dominant look on someone.

From my left, I felt a nudge. I glanced over to see Ashley pulling a humorous, childish, kissy face, making me giggle under my breath and look down at my lap. Shaking my head, my eyes landed on him again to see the man making a double chin and showing a fake terrified expression. I had to clasp a hand over my mouth to not break out into laughter. Ash was so silly sometimes and it was a lovely break from the seriousness of jail.

"You look like a nut," I commented in a whisper.

"Darling, I have nuts. I don't look like them," he responded, with a cheeky grin.

"Bostwick!" I heard a voice yell from the back of the room, breaking me away from my weird friend, and unquestionably, every head swung in that direction. With a sigh, I lifted myself from my chair, hearing it scrape across the floor softly, and headed towards the man, ignoring the many curious stares. Just as I reached the tall male, I stopped and glanced up at him.

"It's Quinn," I corrected. "Kellin Quinn. Not Kellin Quinn Bostwick, just Kellin Quinn."

I hated my last name. Bostwick. Firstly, it sounded so stupid, almost as if you vomit inside of your mouth every time you say it. Then there was also the fact that it was my dad's name. Jeuse Bostwick. It reminded me so much of him and that was why I hated it. The fucker abandoned mom and I when I was just four, leaving us to struggle through life alone. In all of this time I have not heard a single word from him, and it was for the best.

"That's not what your papers say," the guard spat," Bostwick. Now hurry up, you've got a visitor."

Me? A visitor? Who would want to visit a disgusting rapist like me?

I sulkily followed the guard to a part of the prison which I had never visited before. It was near the secure front entrance but, instead of going straight, we travelled to the left. He swiped a card through a scanner, after we walked down a long hallway, and the door before us opened up. Unlike most things in jail, it was very much like the movies: two sides, a thick wall of glass separating them and chairs on either end, with telephones joining them up. I knew all too well that everything said in here was being recorded, so took a mental note to bite my tongue.