Chapter 18:

*Liam*

A Few Hours Later...

Mr. Washington And I Were Sitting In The Hospital Room With Brandon While He Laid There Asleep.

"You Really Fucked Him Up!" Mr. Washington Said. I Shrugged.

"He Deserved It." I Said.

"Damn Right He Did! He Lucky I Ain't Got Ahold To His Ass Yet! He Might Not Live To Tell What Happened!" Mr. Washington Snapped. I Chuckled As Brandon Started Moving In His Sleep.

"I'm Sorry Amayah.." He Mumbled.

"You Ain't Sorry! But You Will Be." Mr. Washington Said In A High Pitched Voice. We Started Laughing As Brandon's Eyes Fluttered Open.

"Well Good Afternoon Sleeping Beauty." Mr. Washington Said. Brandon Looked Nervous As He Looked Back From Mr. Washington To Me.

"Where's Amayah?" He Asked.

"Don't Worry About It!" I Snapped.

"Right. My Daughter Should Be The Least Of Your Worries." Mr. Washington Said. Brandon Shook His Head.

"I'm Sorry. I Didn't Mean For This To Go This Far. I Was Trying To Help Amayah, But The Planned Backfired." Brandon Said.

"Help Her How? By Getting Her Arrested? Almost Making Us Lose Our Daughter? Raping Her?! You Weren't Trying To Help Her!" I Snapped. Mr. Washington Tapped My Shoulder And I Took A Deep Breath.

"I'm Not The One You Should Be Mad At! Your Father Is The Blame For All Of This!" Brandon Said.

"That May Be True, But You Started All Of This When You Went To Talk To Him! You're Lucky Amayah Cares About You Because If It Were Up To Me...You'd Be Dead!" I Snapped.

"It's Never Too Late." Mr. Washington Said. I Smirked.

"True, But Later For That. We Got Bigger Fish To Fry." I Said.
*
*
*
*
I Banged On My Parents Door And Waiting On One Of Them To Answer.

"You Sure You Know What You're Doing?" Mr. Washington Asked.

"Absolutely." I Said. The Door Opened And My Mom Looked At Me Shockingly.

"Liam? What Are You Doing Here?" She Asked.

"I Was In The Neighborhood And I Decided To Stop By." I Said. I Shoved The Door Open And Walked Into The House.

"Where's Maxwell?" I Asked.

"Liam You Shouldn't Be Here. This Isn't A Good Time." She Said.

"Better Time As Any! Where Is He?" I Snapped.

"He's In The Den." She Said. I Walked Towards The Den, While Mr. Washington Followed Me, Dragging Brandon. We Walked Into The Den And Saw My Dad Wrapped Up On The Couch In A Blanket.

"Wake Up Max!" I Said, Flipping Him Off Of The Couch.

"Liam! Have You Lost Your Mind?" My Mom Yelled, Running To Help Him Up.

"Yes. Yes I Have." I Said, Honestly.

"Liam...I'm Glad You're Here. Your Mother And I Have Something To Tell You." My Dad Said. My Mom Got Him On The Couch And Brushed Him Off.

"Liam..." My Dad Began, But I Cut Him Off.

"Wait Dad! Me First! Look Who I Brought For You." I Said. Mr. Washington Shoved Brandon And He Fell.

"I'm Sorry, Mr. Adkins. Please Don't Kill My Brother!" Brandon Begged.

"I'm Not. He's Back At Home. Where You Should Be. Get Out Of Here." My Dad Said. Brandon Looked Confused As He Looked At My Dad, Then At Me. He Slowly Got Up And Limped His Way To The Door.

"Darling Call Him A Cab And Make Sure He Gets Home Safely." My Dad Said. My Mom Nodded As She Went To Help Brandon. Okay...What The Hell Was Going On Here?

"Liam...Please Come Sit Down Son." My Dad Said.

"I'd Rather Stand." I Said. He Nodded.

"Fair Enough....And Who Is This Gentleman?" He Asked.

"I'm A Black Nigga Muthafucka." Mr. Washington Snapped.

"This Is Amayah's Dad." I Said.

"Oh Okay. Well...Son...I Have Something To Tell You. Please Sit Down." He Said. I Was Skeptical At First, But I Sat Down Anyways.

"Liam...I'm Sorry For Everything I've Done To You. You Have Always Been My Perfect Son And I've Never Been More Proud Of You." He Said.

"Oh Cut The Crap Dad!" I Snapped.

"Liam...Please...Just Hear Me Out." He Said. I Sighed And Nodded.

"I've Been A Horrible Person. I Have, And I Don't Know Why. What I Did To You And That Girl..." He Said, But Mr. Washington Cut Him Off.

"That Girl's Name Is Amayah!" He Said.

"Right. What I've Done To You And...Amayah Was Completely Unacceptable. I Apologize Liam. And Mr. Washington...I Apologize For What I've Done To Your Daughter And Granddaughter." He Said. What The Hell Was My Dad On? I've Never Seen Him Like This.

"Dad...What's Going On With You?" I Asked.

"I'm Getting There Son, But First...I Have Something To Give You." He Said. He Gave Me A Small Red Box And I Opened It. It Was A Ring.

"That Was Your Great Grandmother's Ring. I Want You To Have It And Give It To Amayah." He Said.

"Really?" I Said, Shockingly.

"Marry Her Son. Be A Father To Your Daughter And Be Happy." He Said. I Nodded.

"Are You Going To Tell Me What's Going On?" I Asked.

"Liam...I Have Cancer." He Said. My Heart Dropped.

"W-What?" I Said.

"Yes Son. I've Had Cancer For Awhile, But It Has Gotten Worse. I Only Have Three Weeks To Live." He Said. My Eyes Burned With Tears As I Shook My Head.

"Dad...I..." I Said. I Didn't Even Know What To Say.

"It's Alright Liam. I've Lived A Good Life. It's Time You Do The Same." He Said.