Chapter 6 - Hisaab Barabar

Start bij het begin

Waaayyy before anyone that had come into my life, Amma had told me about those stories of princes coming to get their princesses and them living happily ever after. She also told me of how any girl feels whens she's in love. I had found that feeling when I was with Subbu, but i lost it.

Right now, in this moment, i felt like i'd found it again. The way my heart was beating, the way i was breathing, the way my eyes were utterly lost in his. It was happening all over again, it felt exactly like before. Was I actually falling for someone that I'd only known for a day?

"Raman...cheeee, yeh tum kya kar rahe ho! kitne gande ho! cheeeeee" I tried to divert the tur opic to avoid any awkwardness. It was never awkward with him, it was like we were connected.

"Bhook lagi hai, aur kya karu?"

"Maine tujhse kaha tha ki meri plate mein se mat lena. Lekin fir bhi tune..."

"Maine kab tere plate mein se khaya?"

"Arre! abhi abhi toh khaya!"

"O madrasan! Dobara soch le, maine tere haathon mein se khaya, teri plate mein se nahi." He was sly with his words, I have to say. To this, I had no answer or comeback to what he said because I knew that he would turn it around to make it into what he wanted, making it weird between us, I lowered my head in embarrassment.

"Aur khilao...main tumhari plate se nahi le sakta. tune hi kaha tha" he just wouldn't stop, it made me laugh inside. I fed him and in return he fed me until the plate was spotless.

"Chalo ab tum so jao, nahi toh subhe subhe tumhare patidev sochenge ki yeh madrasan abhi tak uthi nahi " he giggled and i threw a pillow at him, but as he moved back he fell of the end of the sofa.

"owwww...hahahaha" he had still got his back pains which i'd completely forgotten about.

"Ramann are you okay?" I immediately stopped laughing and got up to help him up.

"Haan haan im fine." he struggled to even say that as i layed him down onto the sofa

"ruk main balm leke aati hoon, first aid box mein hoga hi"

"Nahi nahi rehnde, koi zaroorat nahi hai"

"zaroorat hai raman! itna dard...unbutton your shirt and lay onto your stomach, I'll get the balm"

I quickly got the pot of balm and I stopped halfway to have the wonderful pleasure of seeing his bare body as he went to lie down on his stomach. WHAT A BODYYYY. Muscles. Six pack. Clear chest. The full package.

"Ishita. Focus. You're helping him, not dreaming about him. He  probably not yours to look at anyways." I said quietly to myself.

"Ishita, kya barbada rahi ho? Idhar aao na."  Raman beckoned as he laid down onto his stomach.

"Kuch nahi, aa rahi hoon bey, have patience, puri raat hai abhi, itni jaldi bhi kya hai." I looked at him with questioning eyes for which he had no answer to. 

"Accha batao kahan pe pain ho raha hai?" I kneeled down beside the sofa and got my fingers ready with balm on them on my left hand and I used the other hand to feel where the pain was in his back.

"Ishita you really don't need to do this for me." Raman kept insisting but I wasn't the type to listen.

"Yes I do Raman, if not for you then for myself." I needed the satisfaction that we were both even in helping each other.

"Accha baba okay fine, lagaa apna balm"

"Kahan pe hai dard? Yahan pe? Yahan?" I moved my hesitant hand around his bare back trying to find the pain until he finally screamed

"little bit up, little bit down, little bit right......OWW" i quickly covered his mouth as we didn't want Abhishek waking up and taking our relationship in the wrong way.

If Abhishek ever found out what Raman did - he'd probably never spare him. He's the type of guy that if you told him the good and the bad about someone then he would ignore the good and focus on the bad and make someone look bad i front of the world. I didn't want him to know anything about Raman, he was my only friend that I had after marriage. It's not that he never let me go out, of course he did. It was the way he saw me as a traditional indian girl, he didn't think I had reason to go out. After gettting married in Chennai we moved to Mumbai. I didn't know anyone, talk to anyone, or even have a job - how was i supposed to make friends. Raman was my first friend after marriage. I wasn't going to let him go that easily.

His eyes literally killed me every time I looked closely at them, it was difficult to look away. We were stuck in time and in that moment.

"Balm bhi lagaa ne waali ho ya iradha kuch aur hai?" He removed my hand from his mouth and gave me a devilish look.

"lagaa rahi hoon na, shut up and let me put it on." he moaned and winged in pain as i hesitated to touch his back, was i doing the right thing? I was just returning the favour he had done me. I wasn't making myself try to get close to him, i had only good intentions. 

"When did I say anything?!" He tried to be funny but I wasn't in the mood

"Chup! " I snapped at him so he'd stay quiet and let me put on the bloody balm, even my patience with him was going slowly.

I applied the balm but with a little aggression where the pain was so it hurt him slightly but not too much because I was annoyed at the fact that he was still in the mood to joke after getting hurt and even when I was trying to help.

"Thoda pyaar se karo na ishita, accha lagta hai" he was still at it oh my lord what to do with this guy.

"Accha lagta hai? Abhi yeh ishita tujhe dikhayegi ki kitna accha hota hai balm lagaa ne mein!"

That was actually it. I got full on annoyed and I sat on top of him, seeing his tantrums

"Lo meri taraf se mera pyaar...."

"Hayeeeeee maaaa!!!!!!!!! Kahan se energy laati ho bey?! "

"Samose se. Pata nahi koun tha jo mere liye itne saare samosa laye, ab bhugto."

"Wah tum toh bilkul Jhansi Ki Raani ki aulad ban sakti ho"

"Woh toh haii"

He was mental. But I loved it. Pehli mohabbat tha woh. I loved him. I couldn't believe what I was telling myself. Is it too soon? Am I being hasty? I honestly felt that he was the one. Don't you ever get those feelings where you just know, bin kuch puche, bin kuch sune. Who would've thought a random guy I met on the street was able to bring a bit of love back into my life. We were different, we didn't know much about each other, I still don't get myself, why I chose him. Why him? The thing I was most happy about was that we had no debts to pay each other. We were even. Hisaab Barabar.