Chapter 3 || Give me a taste.

CAST IN THIS CHAPTER;

Adrian played by Adam Levine

Jay played by Ashton Kutcher

"Can't keep my hands to myself, I mean, I could but why would I want to?"

— Selena Gomez, Hands To Myself.

Downtown Sheffield was warm and bustling. A joyful weekend vibe filled the active streets as couples walked arm in arm and cabs whisked drunken passengers to their next watering hole, where the party would continue long into the night. Smiling faces adorned the candlelit tables inside Daisy-Chains. The patrons lounged on red chairs and velvet couches, which were as inviting as the racks of colourful flowers and illuminated bottles of booze behind the counter and dessert rack.

Who would've thought, a flower shop with a liquor licence and a bakery?

Grace slid a basket of bright sunflowers with white peonies, into the glass case up front. Soft jazz floated down from the speakers in the ceiling as her eyes swept across the pretty setting. She smiled, happy to be a part of something so magical. Last year at this time, she was managing a sports bar and wondering where she had gone wrong. Yet somehow, she had managed to stay positive and patient and it had all finally paid off.

She turned and went through a half door that swung freely into the kitchen, the bright lighting immediately extinguishing the romantic vibe up front. She checked the timer on one of the ovens and returned to a tray of tarts cooling on a large stainless steel table in the middle of the room. The bakery side of the shop was Sydneys', Graces best friend. But Grace often likes to help. Using both hands, she carefully squeezed homemade whipped cream from a cone-shaped bag. Unable to stop thinking about the guy at the gym. It had been nearly a week and she was still seeing his face. Grace couldn't remember his name - Steve maybe - but had no trouble recalling his striking features and broad shoulders. Tall guys had always been a turn on for her and she cursed herself for not giving him a shot. She wasn't that busy tomorrow night.