Ch. 4 (PG-13): Hope has a Visitor in the Night

“Mr. Romance”, Ch. 4 (PG-13):  Hope has a Visitor in the Night, September 16, 2013 Gratiana Lovelace

(An original fiction story copyrighted by Gratiana Lovelace; all rights reserved)

[(1) “Mr. Romance” story logo, left]

[I like to “illustrate my stories--to help visualize the story for myself and for my readers.  So, I incorporate  publicly found images of actors as my “dream” cast to represent the characters in my story.  And images of the brilliantly talented British Actor Richard Armitage--as my muse when I write my stories--will represent the lead male character here of Kent Barron.  And the lead female character of Hope Maria Springfield is represented by images of the lovely and wonderfully talented U.S. actress America Ferrera.  Other actors in my dream cast include:  John Krasinki as Bob Phillips, Kelly Preston as Shelly Koch, Katey Sagal and Ron Perlman as spouses Phyllis and Boyd Caldwell.]

Author’s Mature Content Note:  "Mr. Romance" is a story about finding and embracing true love, friends, and family. This story has some humorous elements in it. But it also has several deeply felt loving moments.    The chapters' ratings are mostly a PG or a PG-13 rating.  However, since “Mr. Romance” is a love story--and love is passionate--some of the chapters involve love scenes.   My goal is to sensually describe the lovers in a tender and heartfelt way.   And I have labeled those chapters with an R rating.  However, if you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with the rating that I label a particular chapter, then please do not read those chapters.  That is my disclaimer.     

Author’s recap from the previous installment:  Having already turned in their features stories, the six friendly work colleagues of Midwest Getaways magazine are having a leisurely and Wintery November weekend  in Galena, Illinois before they head to home base in Chicago.  Casanova Kent  Barron has gotten so drunk that he lost his key card thingy as his colleagues try to maneuver him to bed.  And good girl Hope has to put Kent up on her couch because she has the large suite this time.  But Hope also secretly has a crush on Kent, Mr. Romance--that might become less of a secret as Friday evening into Saturday morning continues.

“Mr. Romance”, Ch. 4 (PG-13):  Hope has a Visitor in the Night

After only an hour’s sleep Friday night, Hope wakes up to visit the bathroom.  Just as she is returning to her bed, Kent walks into Hope’s bedroom to do much the same.  To Kent, Hope looks fresh faced--no make up needed to hide her fresh faced wholesome beauty [(2) right]--and her hair falls romantically about her shoulders in soft waves.

Kent:  “Oops, sorry Hope.  I have to pee.”  Kent says still a bit tipsily—and sleepily--while standing there in front of her wearing only his long leg briefs.  Of course, Hope is wearing only her thin soft stretchy cotton flower print sleeveless nightgown—which Kent thinks she looks quite sweet and lovely in.

Hope:  “Don’t worry about it, Kent.”  She says sleepily and trying not to smile while looking at Kent’s muscular bare chest, shoulders, arms, and legs.  “Just aim, will you?”  Hope says sleepily while getting back into bed and dozing off.  Not that Hope has been with a man who didn’t aim—she hasn’t had any relationships that got so far as them sleeping over, at all, even though she is in her late twenties.  It’s just that Hope had a brother growing up that she had to share a bathroom with—and his aim was poor.

Kent:  “Will do.”  Kent smiles walking into the bathroom, after glancing desirously at Hope over his shoulder [(3) right] --which she doesn’t see since she is drifting off to sleep again.  While in the bathroom Kent also brushes his teeth since he was too sleepy or drunk—or both--to do so earlier.